1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ARE COMP-N-CHOKES OK

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by spritc, Dec 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spritc

spritc Active Member

I bought some and shot them for a while and found them to be as good as any out there, but they are a bitch to clean.

The other Steve

2. 4andy10

4andy10 Member

I know of a Virginia State skeet champ that shoots em. I'd like to find a Cylinder or Skeet for the Beretta Mobil series in the silver finish.
    Keith

3. plinker61

plinker61 TS Member

i just got a pair of full chokes for my son & i and we both like them,as far as cleaning, i keep a jar of hoppes that the tubes fit into,let them soak over nite& they clean up fine,most shells ive ran through them between cleans was 300,mark

4. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

You might try running a search. This question was asked a few weeks ago. I have shot them in several different guns and they are my choice.

JON

5. d endicott

d endicott Member

How are they for turkey hunting?

6. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Don't waste your money if you are buying them because you think they're going to give you recoil reduction...

7. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

I don't know what they currently sell for but they are no better than Angle Port chokes currently selling for $25 each and 5 for $100. Plus, the Angle Port chokes can be ordered non-ported to save the messy clean up and in either silver or gold finish.

Comp-and-choke are just another gimmick and are so long you have to remove them from the barrels of K-80s, Perazzis and Kolars before they will go into fitted hard cases. I would only consider them in an auto where all the gunk can't build up between the chokes as it does on an OU. The gunk build up between chokes is why Angle Port sells very few ported chokes these days. Of course if you want to look cool.......

8. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

They are good- are they better? dont know

regards

Gene

9. Eleanor

Eleanor TS Member

The best, period.

10. Lkn4rocks

Lkn4rocks TS Member

Ported chokes are simply a personal preference and I have been told that they do function adequately to slow the wad down on non ported barrels but if you are concerned about gunk build up between chokes or around the porting of your ported barrels? ..... Apply a little grease in and around the concerned areas and between the parting planes between the chokes prior to each use and then simply wipe the gunk away with a soft cloth after each use at the end of the day, nothing more simple.

11. Pass103

Pass103 TS Member

Seminole is the only maker of after market chokes that dont crud up. I have never had to clean my Seminoles. No muss no fuss

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.