1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Are Combo's Preferred?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by WNCRob, Aug 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WNCRob

WNCRob Member

Are Combo

Seems like everyone is selling combo's these days. I guess it makes economic sense, but I wonder if it creates a compromise in one of the configurations? Do the top shooters shoot combo's or do they have a dedicated doubles gun?

WNCRob

2. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

No compromise if you chose wisely. I used to have two dedicated guns, but I didn't like carrying two cases to each shoot. I'm on my second combo now, and I got it right this time. All in all, I prefer the combo. Same stock feel, same mount, same trigger feel. The only difference between barrel sets is 1" in length, and a slightly different MOI, with the O/U being a touch slower.

3. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

While no longer able to compete, my choice over the years was for two dedicated guns so I always had a back-up for the single bird events. However, there were several good years when I shot an O/U for all games and I enjoyed the same mount, stock, trigger, weight, balance, et cetera in that choice. Never dealt with a combo set.....breakemall.....Bob Dodd

4. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

No brainer. Combo ....hands down. No need for a backup gun if you buy a Kolar. They don't break.

Been shooting a Kolar combo 8 years, had 1 annual service done. Only did that because I started feeling guilty.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.