1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Are car vacuums any good?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Onceabum, Sep 13, 2013.

1. Onceabum

Onceabum TS Member

If so, any particular brand? Thanks.

2. alf174

alf174 Member

I use a Dirt Devil but I have a Labrador too so the brushes are mandatory. The hose attachment works okay.

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

No. Every one of those little things I have seen and tried, are completely worthless in my opinion. Buy a good Shop-Vac, the upgraded hose and the attachment to reach all the tight areas. I have the attachment just like the car wash vacs and it works great. Picks up all the dirt and such down in the carpet threads.
    [​IMG]

4. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I have a Dirt Devil you plug into the cigarette lighter socket, works good for a quick clean up ... Best choice is the shop vac, but its a pain in the ass to carry it around in the trunk ... I picked up the Dirt Devil car vac brand new in the box at a garage sale for $2.00 so I figure the most I can lose is $2.00 or I'll sell it to a trapshooter for $39.95 which is $10.00 less than the price on the box ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

5. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

What grntitan said. They're worthless. If you don't want a ShopVac, go to a gas station or car wash and put quarters in their vacuum cleaner.

6. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Good point Bill. The Shop-Vac isn't the most portable unit that's for sure.

You could always do like my neighbor does. He opens all the doors on his car and fires up his leaf blower. Blows everything out of the vehicle. Don't work worth a crap and leaves the vehicle smelling like 2-stroke exhaust but you can't tell him shit.

7. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    No. They suck, badly. Pun intended. Get a shop vac.

8. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

grntitan,

I have used the leaf blower but mine is electric and it actually worked pretty good ... Shop vac would be my first choice though ... Oreck makes a hand held vac that works really good, the things I pick up with it would be cause for my wife to kill me ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

9. Snowjet

Snowjet Member

Buy a new Honda, they come with a vac built in.

Bob

10. Mike Battista

Mike Battista Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Go to Home Depot. They sell a vacuum head that goes on top of a five gallon can. Totally portable and it sucks up everything.
    Mike battista

11. willing

willing Member

The Oreck is the best.

Bill