1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Are Browning BT-99 Plus's Reliable?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Moopy, Jan 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moopy

Moopy TS Member

What do you gentleman think of the Browning BT-99 Plus as a Trapgun?

2. tom berry

tom berry Active Member

I think, as a rule, they are reliable. Some have some issues with the recoil reduction system and have replaced with aftermarket devices. But, they seem to have a real good resale market, bringing as much now as what was originally paid for the gun.

3. ljuticsscentennialpro

ljuticsscentennialpro Member

Be careful with the aluminum rib. They tend to sag and they bend easily.

4. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

I bought mine used but it hadn't been shot much. Probably have put close to 25,000 rounds through it without even a burp. Shoots any shell. Has a great range of adjustability so that if you are anywhere near a normal sized person you should be able to adjust it to a decent fit. While I am not sensitive to recoil, I guess the recoil unit must help. I had a release trigger put in mine. I have several choke tubes but I usually just shoot with the Briley LF at 16 and at 27. I often wonder about upgrading to a more expensive gun, but I shoot this one well enough to win so it's hard to blame the gun when I don't.

5. tom berry

tom berry Active Member

shooting jack,

I personally know two people that have replaced theirs, one with a timney style and one with a grailcoil. I have heard of others on this website too. Of the two that I know, one was due to the threads getting messed up and I really can't remember what the other one was.

Tom

6. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Love em. Bought my daughter a micro she loves it more than the 1100 she used. I bought myself one and use it instead of my K-80.Both were bought used. Mike

7. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Love em. Bought my daughter a micro she loves it more than the 1100 she used. I bought myself one and use it instead of my K-80.Both were bought used. Mike

8. stainlessbt99

stainlessbt99 TS Member

LOVE THEM I HAVE 3 OF THEM

9. Moopy

Moopy TS Member

The only drawback I see thus far is the trigger is very sluggish,who can fix-up the trigger until its decent?

10. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Can't imagine the rib being bowed unless it was sat on or shoved into the safe too quickly - it is made of aluminum. 'bout the only thing I've ever seen the recoil reducer do was have the end cap wind loose and release the spring. Easy fix. The recoil unit isn't easily adjustable and sometimes the previous owner has already tried "everything" (saw one that had been welded solid). Not sure why the trigger would need any work. For what they are and what they sell for, the gun is a bargain.

11. Acer

Acer TS Member

Was told the replacement rib from Browning was made of a lot heavier aluminum than the original, as I have seen them easily bent. Can anyone verify this? Thanks, Johnny Whidden

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.