1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Are Briley tubes interchangable

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Capt_ed, Sep 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Capt_ed

Capt_ed Member

I am wondering if I can buy some extended tubes for my Ljutic.If so, where can I order them. Hoping to use an extra full for turkey shoots from the fence. If it has been discussed here before , my appologies.

2. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Briley chokes are interchangeable within same series, extended / flush.

3. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

If you are looking for a back fence tube I would get a Pure Gold or a Rhino tube they are the best turkey chokes made IMHO they sure win a lot of card shoots with them also I think it is the long paralell section that makes the patterns so dense in the core. I shot a Light mod Pure gold choke and it patterened almost IM

4. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

A question. Wouldn't the bore diameter also play a part in that selection process?

Hap

5. Duck

Duck Member

What Hap said!.

6. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

The bore diameter is key to choke restrictions the best way is to have a set of custom made tubes based on you barrel. The mass produced guns like Beretta come with mobile for older barrels and optima for the larger bore newer barrels they are made to fit all their specific barrels. This is possible as in all choke tubes they enlarge the bore in front of the area where the tube starts so the choke tube can be made bigger than the bore allowing the wad to enter the mouth and then the constriction starts to form the choke. The best chokes are matched to the bore size some are marked an example is Ballistic chokes my Beretta choke from them has the bore size and the constriction both marked. My full choke is marked 721 bore and 35 constriction you can order most chokes based on the standard barrel sizes like a Browning Invector Plus on a BT 99 which I also did but the best barrel builders make them to match each barrel and the type of shells they use in that barrel. Even when the choke is correct for the bore and constriction it still needs to be patterned for results.

7. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Briley S-1 chokes are all the same, flush or extended. S-2, S-12, S-18, S-54, etc are all interchange WITHIN the same series.

The bore size different between S-1 & S-2 for example, although they have the same look, but they will not fit each other.

If your bore is larger than 18.4 mm, your Briley choke will not be S-1.

8. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Does the choke system in Ljutic interchange with anyone else?! If not, your best bet is to call Briley and find out what they manufacture for a Ljutic. I would be prepared with knowing the bore diameter, etc...

If I were to call Briley and ask for Invector Plus chokes... those are a given - Ljutic, maybe not...

regards,

Jay

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.