1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Are any other choke tubes threaded like?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Shooting Jack, Jun 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

I recently purchased a Hastings 34 inch 870 barrel with screw in chokes. What other brand of choke tubes will fit this barrel? I previously had a 1100 Hasting barrel and it had Remchoke tubes. I would appreciate your input. Jackie B.

2. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Jackie, try the link above. Hastings 870 barrels should be Rem-Chokes. Better check for sure.

Wayne

3. J.Woolsey

J.Woolsey Member

I had an 870 barrel made by Hastings and no choke but a Hastings would work in it. It was purchased about 7 years ago. Hastings may have changed afterward, but mine was strictly limited to using Hastings chokes.

4. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Just a quick thought...If the barrel is a Hastings Wadlock 870, it might take the long Hastings type II chokes ???

Wayne

5. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Wayne, you nailed it, as it is an 870 hastings wadlock barrel. And, since Hasting is out of business the chokes may be hard to come by. I will go though the safes and find a Rem choke just in case. Thanks Jackie B.

6. oz

oz Active Member

try briley or trulock

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.