1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Are animal rescue wackjobs the new Moonies?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by crusha, Feb 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crusha

crusha TS Member

I'm reading a book for my kid recommended off the reading list by his school principal, and suddenly find myself in the middle of this heavy-handed propaganda piece. So, I Google the author, and sure enough - she's a "cat lady," one of these "Animal Fostering" weirdos. The first bio link I click on tells how she's converted entire rooms of her house into "cat condos," so she can "foster home" more animals.

So is this like a new religious cult or something? These people are seemingly EVERYWHERE! I guess I didn't realize such a large segment of the U.S. female population had taken a vow of celibacy, drank the Kool Aid, and gotten brainwashed into this crap.

Sometimes, I think if Patty Hearst had been born 20 years later, she'd be doing commercials for Fancy Feast.

2. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Bet her house smells wonderful.

3. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Nothing new,

They been around for a long time, most are former members or siblings of ALF(Animal Liberation Front) REAL Wackos!!!

ALF was put on the terrorist watch list a few years ago. Some of its "educated" members started PETA, others joined into HSUS. Just to get the liberals to take the pressure off them.

PETA was looked at in a different light then ALF, once they got Celebes to take their clothes off for the camera's.

Same bunch though!

4. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I have it on good information.....cats taste just like chicken.

HM

5. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

You guys are way off base. These people are animal "hoarders." It's
    a mental illness, and not uncommon. In fact, there's even a series on TV about them -similar to the shows about people who fill their houses with junk.

6. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

I suspect the people being spoken about here are the usual "true believers" as are found as the visible part of all these different radical movements, like radical environmentalism. The less visible people behind these movements have the same motives across the board - power, money, ability to force their will on others and imprison or destroy anyone who resists them.

7. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

It is not a "mental illness" its either brainwashing or indoctrination of the spineless individual.

Probably a bit to much Disney or MTV!!

8. kiv-c

kiv-c Member

I don't know if cats taste like chicken or not. I've never gotten any of the coyotes around my place to say what they taste like!

9. crusha

crusha TS Member

Hoarders. I guess I never thought of it that way before. People whose religious mission is to "save the life" of every, single, animal in existence.

So what accounts for the sudden, recent rise of this cult?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.