1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Are AA Heavy Target Loads Reloadable?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by semperdog, Mar 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. semperdog

semperdog TS Member

Hello-- are 12 ga. Winchester AA Heavy Target loads reloadable? I believe they are compression formed shells--are these quality shells to reload or junk? Thanks!

2. husker

husker Member

Quality ! !

3. OhioSkeetShooter

OhioSkeetShooter Member

I have reloaded a few, they are junk. If you don't want them you can send them to me!! :) Actually they are GREAT shells. I have averaged 4-5 tournament quality shells out of them, that is with over 3000 reloaded. Definitely use.

4. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

They were compression at one time. Not now. OK to reload.
    Clyde

5. 548

548 Guest

Wad selection is important with the AA's. An incorrect wad will cause the shell to buckle in a PW.

6. pitandberetta

pitandberetta Member

Very good for reloading...Not like the CF but very good still...

7. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Next to the best.

8. Rubicon_Joey

Rubicon_Joey Active Member

I sure hope so...I've loaded the thousand or so I have now two or three times each.

9. Tim Earney

Tim Earney Member

Use Down Range AA replacement wads and save some aggravation. They load better than Win. AA wads.

10. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I just found a nice stash of the older one piece Heavy AA's all once fired. I also found about a 1000 of the old one piece AA's marked Trap and a couple 1000 marked Skeet. These are also once fired. As well as the various AA's, I found about 500 each of the old smooth Blue Peters and and the smooth Green Premiers. I'm gonna be loading all vintage this year.

[​IMG]

My grandpa had passed away last fall and we are just now sorting his stuff. Gramps had passed along alot of goodies over the years but seems he was holding out on me.

Stumbled across a 3lb Green Dot keg still about 1/4 full. Been kept indoors in a heated/cooled loading room its whole life. Still lights up trap loads nicely.
    [​IMG]

Thanks gramps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

are aa reloadable