1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Archived Threads

Discussion in 'Forum Information Threads' started by aaa 27 aaa david, Sep 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. For a while now I have had to archive the oldest postings in the discussion forum. The sheer number of posts start to bog down the system when it gets over 300,000. I have been moving these posts to another database table.

Until now I didnt have anything setup to search the archive. I have setup a set of web pages that search engine bots can read and index all the old archived threads.

I have setup a google search of trapshooters.com on the search pages, which provides much better search results.

I have also setup a link under your edit/delete messages link to your archived postings. You can view them and edit them at this time, but cant get the thread going again, but you can copy and paste in to a new thread.

Trapshooters.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.