1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

AR15 Stock Extension

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by unioncracker, Oct 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. unioncracker

unioncracker Member

Trying to help a friend mount a new sniper scope on a colt ar15,a2,sporter II rifle. The collapsible stock needs to be extended or replaced for a longer length of pull. Have only been able to find up to 14.5 inches,need up to 16 inches.Is an accessory available or does the entire stock need to be replaced. Who and where is the best place to obtain the new equipment. Money is not the object. Obtaining the correct quality equipment is.Those knowledgeable in this area, your experience is needed.

Thanks Buddy

2. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    L&G has a 1.5" extension tube for CAR stocks. I've not seen this product, so no recommendations.

L&W Car Stock extension

Mako makes a slip on buttpad for CAR stocks that has a built in telescoping monopod. I don't know how much longer it makes the LOP.

Mako monopod butt pad

Several companies make slip on rubber buttpads for CAR stocks. This one provides a 1/2" LOP increase.

Generic rubber buttpad from bravo Company

Midway has one that provides a 1" increase in LOP.

Midway 1" slip on CAR stock buttpad

Keep in mind that older CAR stocks (aluminum and plastic clone) have a smaller butt area than later 6-position CAR stocks. Make sure the pad says it is for the stock you have.

You can also have a gunsmith add a conventional recoil pad by screwingit to the CAR stock and grinding it to fit.

3. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    BTW, why does he need to LOP increased? Is there an issue with mounting the scope that precludes it from being mounted further forward? Is this a flat top it's being mounted on or a carry handle mount? If a flat top, there are mounts that can extend the scope forward.

4. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

I have a replacement buttpad which is made for a standard AR stock. It extends the LOP. I'd have to measure it to see exact size. If you want me to do so, PM me.

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

5. oz

oz Active Member

try ar15.com

6. TOLIPNUG

TOLIPNUG TS Member

call brownells and get a magpul prs stock-about 225 dollars-bestway to go-rick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.