1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

AR15 BOLT ACTION

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by whiz630, Dec 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whiz630

whiz630 TS Member

A NEW IDEA; in my state you can't hunt with a auto rifle so the ar type is not legal why can't some smart engineer come up with a method of disengaging the auto part so you pull back the bolt for each shot like a bolt action,even make the bolt look like a bolt action from the side,this would make any ar legal. also some enterprising company could come up with a replacement bolt action top section,the gun still will look like a ar 15 and make the 10 shot only legal for hunting.i think this would make the control nuts scratch their heads the gun would be legal and look like a ar whiz630

2. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Yeah, but, but, it still looks menacing, like an assault devil? :)

Hap

3. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

You don't need to weld anything to it.

Just close off the hole for the gas block and use the charging handle to work the bolt after every round.

4. billyboy07208

billyboy07208 Member

Old idea,there's a pump ar lookalike out there.

5. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

Why bother when there are plenty of bolt action rifles out there? Far cheaper than ARs too.

6. SCL

SCL Member

Because, and here is where I see a huge problem arising John, people own them and have money, sometimes huge investments, in firearms the government wants to confiscate and destroy. I live in IL and can tell you our governor has submitted a bill to do just that. I am of the same thought as far as getting a nice bolt to replace my varminter, even considering heading to my local dealer tomorrow to trade on a new BT, as I don't really want to watch $1200 get munched in a compactor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.