1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

AR style rifles

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Barrelbulge(Fl), Oct 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Does anyone know if any manufacturer makes an AR style rifle in 22 mag.?

2. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

.204 but not magnum rimfire.

3. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Alexander Arms is making a 17 HMR upper. It went into production in late summer. Would not surprise me that at some point they also make it in .22 WMRF.

4. englishupland

englishupland Member

Not aware of one ,but iif it was goingto be made i would also say Alexander would be the ones to do it
    Call em and ask em to!

5. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

AA is already working on a .22WMR-chambered AR, but they were having a few problems with getting all ammunition to feed properly as late as July 2011. See Bill Alexander's posts at the link above.

AA has a .17HMR upper available. http://www.alexanderarms.com/index.php/products.html

6. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Last time I bought .22 WMRs they were $0.24 each ($12/box of 50)at Scheels. Seems like reloaded 5.56 would be under that once you had the brass. Oh well, to each his own.

If you do get one, don't waste your money on the Winchester Dynapoints or the .22 Mag ammo sold by Armscor. That stuff is lucky to group on a pie plate at 25 yards. Stick with the CCI. Good luck.

7. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Thanks guys. This info is for a neighbor of mine. He likes the 22 mag shell. Bulge.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.