1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

AR shotgun?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 221, Jun 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 221

221 Banned User Banned TS Supporters

After you got done dealing with the trigger.....you wouldn't have much of an AR platform left.

2. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Already been done. It was called the USAS-12.

And Sarah Brady petitioned Treasury Secretary Lloyd Bentsen under Clinton and got it banned as a Destructive Device.

3. 221

221 Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Trigger.....Locktime

Personally I think 12ga is obsolete for target purposes.....Thats my opinion

Have fun on your quest to modernize clay target shooting

4. Brian in Oregon

Quote: <i>"Better hope BATF someday never declares that all weapons over 50 caliber can be described as destructive devices. There goes your black powders and all shotguns 8, 10 and 12 ga shotguns."</i>

Already a done deal. They ARE Destructive Devices, according to the 1968 Gun Control Act that Charlton Heston was one of the leading proponents of.

*ALL* firearms over .50 caliber are Destructive Devices. Period.

The reason they are not banned is that BATF has granted a "sporting exemption" to them.

In the case of the USAS-12 and the Street Sweeper and Striker-12 their "sporting exemption" was revoked.

5. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

I used an AR style target stock on an 870 with an adapter. Found that it didn't stand up to the recoil. I was always tightening the thing and had to replace several pieces that actually broke. Even did an auto loader version with a Rem 58. This allowed me to mount a HoloSight 2 inches above the bbl for a clear view down to the trap house while holding the gun even. Wow. I still miss it. Fellow shooters said I was cheating and I was. Definite advantage that won't make it into the main stream because it's 'different'. Also liked having the bbl closer to my shoulder and further from my cheek for recoil purposes.

6. Big Dave

Big Dave Member

How about the Trident?

<a href="http://s50.photobucket.com/albums/f326/dancingbear12/?action=view&current=trident.jpg" target="_blank"> trident.jpg </a>

7. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

I have a Saiga 12 with a 20 round drum set up for IPSC matches and they also make 410s, even full autos. Not on an AR platform but an AK. Ugly but very reliable and effective!

8. Brian in Oregon

I would welcome an AR style stock and grip for an 1187, but the ones currently made have a severe field slope to the comb.

Hey, Joe Kuhn... do you see any way to modify the adapter you installed on your shotguns so it will attach using an 1100/1187 spring tube?

9. bodybuilder

bodybuilder TS Member

Search the AA-12 on youtube and watch the video, American made

10. Brian in Oregon

BTW, C-MORE is coming out with the M26 Modular Accessory Shotgun system. It uses a detachable box magazine and can be configured as under-the-barrel mount for M16 / AR15 or as a stand-alone shotgun. Pump operation. The U.S. Army has selected the M26 over other designs such as the KAC. This is going to be an NFA firearm no matter how you slice it. But if you are in a state that allows it, that AR15 / M16 mount is the cat's meow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.