1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ar drums

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Simon Engraving, Jul 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Simon Engraving

Simon Engraving Active Member

have never seen 50 round drum for ar. am i to believe what media reports. just looking for truth.

2. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

Copy and paste

https://www.google.com/search?q=snail+drum+ar+15&hl=en&sa=X&prmd=imvns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&ei=cCkLUKqBE8_C0AHKzJDIAw&ved=0CEkQsAQ&biw=1054&bih=686

3. Bubba

Bubba Member

Geez Lit, the guy just asked a question...

4. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

And it is posted in the "other topics" catagory, which is full of non trapshooting issues.

5. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

Check the link above.

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

6. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

I thought it was going to be a medical question....Like,..I fergots my AR plugs and nows I thinks I ams DEF...wills I eva Hair again??

7. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    There are several companies making drums for AR15s. They really are of use only on a full auto. They unbalance the gun and are heavy when loaded. I suppose they might have their place for mass coyote attacks or zombies, Personally I'm not even thrilled by the 30 rounders. The 20 rounders are shorter and don't get in the way shooting from a prone position.

It's interesting that there is a media report that the Aurora shooter quit when his AR15 jammed. If he was using a cheap drum that might be the reason.

In fact, the expensive drums really aren't all that reliable. The military forbids their use. This is why belt feds are used.

8. oz

oz Active Member

It's interesting that the media has a video game type clip showing him shooting a shotgun? into the air once and then shooting people????

9. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

I though he had a drum on the Remington 870 not the AR. The authorities stated that the AR (S&W) jammed and he didn't even fire it. Therefore based on that statement, it makes sense that he had a drum on the 870.

blade819

10. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Youall should apply for positions with CNN, Fox, and the rest of the media speculators.

Afterall they have proven yet again how capable they are at speculating in the absence of facts.

Guy B.

11. oz

oz Active Member

if yo want to see what's available for an AR just google it. or you can go to AR15.com

12. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

The cheap made drums will jam easily.The good ones rarely. I had and sold 120 rd drums that worked great.I think the shotgun will be found to have done the most damage. Jeff