1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

AR 15'S IN PUBLIC

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by al.brown, Aug 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. al.brown

al.brown TS Member

AR 15

Are the AR15 toaters doing us as gun owners a disservice. seen on the news thise people toating loaded pistols straped to their leg. and some with AR15 slung over their sholder. at a presidental meeting. i believe in the 2nd amendment. but the majority of americans were not raised with guns. and this display. makes them think all gun owners are a bunch of nuts with guns. even moses (charlton heston) raised this flintlock in the proper setting.
    al.brown

2. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

al, what is wrong with doing something that is perfectly legal? There is no law against it, like it or not. Do you drive 50 miles per hour down the hiway, thinking that the idiots that are obeying the speed limit by driving 70 are nuts? If we don't use the freedoms that we have, ya know what happens to em, you loose em, right?

3. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Al,,,,it was a organized stunt.

4. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

A similar thread was tosses about yesterday, mixed opinions as usual.

But the one thing I would like to add is that I do live in an open carry county and to me that is a priveledge which needs to be used reasonably. It isn't a right. By reasonable, I mean it is reasonable for me to have my guns in my vehicle and transport them where ever I want, it is reasonable for me to carry an unconcealed loaded handgun when I leave the house and head out for a walk in the desert. It is not reasonable for me to pack my six gun around town like this is Dodge City and I'm Festus. That is just bad manners and makes people uneasy about my presence. But guess what, if I were to insist that its my right to play Festus eventually all of those common sense priveledges I do have in my open carry community will go away.

5. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

And all those un-armed people who are made to feel un-easy about seeing someone carrying openly - they would refuse to run to that armed citizen and beg for protection if they were being attacked or threatened, right? How about we don't allow the sheep to determine what the limits of acceptability are, but rather teach them that genteel carry by responsible folk is a good thing.

6. trapshootin hippie

"But guess what, if I were to insist that its my right to play Festus eventually all of those common sense priveledges I do have in my open carry community will go away."

--------------And if you don't use them, what the hell do you think will happen to them? Lawmakers will say that since no-one uses em, let's just take em away. Laws are like some other things that old folks are aware of, if ya don't use it, ya loose it.

wolf, the law says you can do it, so why not? You scared of offending some do-gooder?

7. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Who said they were un-armed Wireguy. Pretty bogus assumption (at least around here). Go ahead parade around town with your hogleg strapped on old west style and let us know how that works for you. I would hope you use better judgement. I would hope you conduct yourself in a manner that sends a positive non-threatening message about you the gun owner to your community.

8. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Al, I would agree with your assesment, and if it was a stunt, it was done by someone that had the legal right to bear arms. He or she did nothing to imporve the public image of gun owners.

9. brigade

brigade TS Member

al brown/bruce s.

Do you really think feinstein, boxer, pelosi, schumer, franks, reid, murtha, kennedy, and obama and the rest of the gun grabbers CARE ABOUT THE PUBLIC IMAGE OF GUN OWNERS? My personal opinion of the ones that exercised their RIGHTS to open carry are real Americans. And the ones that are afraid of hurting the feelings or offending the anti SECOND AMENDMENT GUN GRABBERS are obama supporters at heart......Ed

10. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Ed, Your are way off base calling me a Obama supporter. Nor do I support anyone that would infringe on my or anyone's right to bear arms. There is so much negative media coverage of gun crime that this show of "our rights" only adds fule to the antigun fire. Ask your non gun owning friends remember they're voters to!

11. trapshootin hippie

Bruce,you say "There is so much negative media coverage of gun crime that this show of "our rights" only adds fule to the antigun fire." Have you thought that maybe if the anti-gun public sees these guns and they aren't used in a way to hurt anyone, that they might eventually change their mind, and maybe get to realize that it's not the gun that is the problem, but the person shooting it? Just a thought.

Gne J

12. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

you got to be nuts. This guy was a plant. There is no way a black man is going to carry a gun and not rob someone for durgs, there was no SS that was even looking at him. Trappy knows

13. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

I think it makes a super fashion statement...thinking about trying it on myself

14. GARMASTERS

GARMASTERS TS Member

Nuts with guns? Gun nuts? Count me in.

15. trapshootin hippie

Rick, so you think every black man that has a gun is gonna rob somebody for drugs. Using your own words, "you got to be nuts".

16. J.Woolsey

J.Woolsey Member

Although I don't agree with all Ricks1 said, the reference to "Plants" is quite a reasonable assumption. I didn't see the Presidential meeting he refers to. I would think that Osama's Secret Service people would have been on them like white on rice had they not been "Plants". It seems to me that it might be right out of the Dem's anti-gun playbook. J.W.

17. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

The anti-guners have won once we lawful gun owners who know better started calling a Colt Sporter Rifle Model AR15 an assault rifle.

The anti-guners have won when we lawful gun owners who should know better mark a difference between a semi-auto rifle and any other firearm. They framed it and we or at least some of us fell in line with them.

The anti-guners have won when we lawful gun owners allow them to divide us into opposing groups, pistols shooters against shotgunners, rifle shooters against shot gunners, and so on. We of all Americans should know better.

The anti-guners have won when we lawful gun owners compromise with them on any point.

The anti-guners have won when we lawful gun owners support the very people who are taking our rights every day.

The anti-guners have won when we lawful gun owners have a thread on a shooting forum that questions whether a semi-auto rifle should be seen in public and even debate it.

When will we lawful gun owners ever realize that there is no compromising with the left wing? They find no amount of gun rights acceptable, none, no matter what comes out of their mouths at the time. They will say anything to meet their ends. When will we learn that? They despise every part of our lifestyle, not just our guns, what they have done to Sarah Palin proves that.

The anti-guners have won when we lawful gun owners think if we meekly accept what they will allow us to have that we will be left alone and we won't have to give up any more of our rights.

I miss them both dearly but I am so glad my father and grandfather are not here to see this country now after the sacrifices they made for their country. I think I will go shooting my Colt Sporter model AR15 tomorrow while I still can. At a public range of course.

18. 221

221 Banned User Banned TS Supporters

At least it was an AR15 and was referred to as such.......Had it been a cheap Chinese copy of some total piece of junk....The majority of you would be claiming they were carrying AK-47's.....Just like that idiot salesman did earlier...As there are very,very,........very..... few AK's in the us.

Where's the outrage against him, and he admitted it was a sales gimmick. A very inaccurate one at that,

19. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    How ironic.<br>
    <br>
    There are hundreds of guns present whenever the president is out in public.<br>
    <br>
    Yet let one civilian show up with a gun and everyone goes ape.<br>
    <br>
    And even more ironic is that in previous administrations - both Republican and Democrat - anyone with a gun, even in the trunk of their car, were detained or turned away from presidential appearances. Yet under the anti-gun Obama administration the Secret Service did neither.<br>
    <br>
    BTW, the Jim Zumbo-esque statement about the AR15 'toaters' doing us a disservice.... What if someone showed up with a Perazzi? Would we be reading about the trapshooters doing us a disservice? Painting with a rather broad brush, are we?

20. brigade

brigade TS Member

It is very simple the anti second amendment supporters can kiss my A$$, period. Ed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

ar15 in public