1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

AR-15 Panic over?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by lwr_, Feb 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lwr_

lwr_ Member

It would seem the AR-15 panic is over, or at least nearly over. Walked into to Wal-Mart for the last three mornings and bought an AR-15 each morning for less than retail price and much less than the panic gouge prices.

Monday: Walked in to check on ammo at 10am and found a Colt LE6920 on the shelf for $1097.00.

Tuesday: Walked in to check on ammo at 10am and found a Bushmaster XM-15 on the shelf for $947.00.

Wednesday: Walked in to check on ammo at 10am and found a DPMS Sportical on the shelf for $597.00.

Take a look on Gunbroker, most AR-15s listed at gouge prices are ending without bids. Those that are selling are only selling slightly above the Wal-Mart prices.

So, be patient guys. Wal-Mart and other retailers are getting the black guns in stock. Now if they could start getting ammo, dammit.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. MDJ67

MDJ67 Active Member

lwr,

Where are you located ? Sure isn't like that here. The AR's on GB that are of quality and nib are still bringing good coin. The Colt you have was a great find and buy. I do not think it is over yet. That pos Obummer is not done .

3. lwr_

lwr_ Member

I am located in West TN. Several Wal-Marts and gun shops in our area are starting to get the black guns in stock. If your local Wal-Mart was an AR stocking store before the panic, check them out and see if they are starting to trickle in. Hint - you have to be there when the UPS truck arrives for the best chance of buying one.

Funny thing. All that Obama accomplished was to put more ARs in the hands of the citizens than if he had just kept his damn mouth shut.

4. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Far from over...just wait for the pending legislation thats being brought to the floors of a bunch of state houses around the country to get passed and the momentary lull if there really is one, will catch fire again

5. kenf

kenf Active Member

Interesting, our local wm's had them in about three weeks ago, and they sold quickly. I was just in last Saturday and the slot in the gun rack for the Colt was replaced with a shotgun of some sort. But, you have to be there. Just another way the working man gets screwed over.

I agree, the panic is subsiding.

6. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

I don't know if its over, but the local GM has plenty of ammo vs. a month ago. And the Walmart closest to me has .380 and .40 on the shelf. No .45, 9mm or .22 though. This Walmart has never sold any guns, or long guns.

Wayne

7. PAR8HED

PAR8HED Member

Not in MN. Legislature wants to classify every firearm as an assault rifle and make you register them with the local deputy. Good luck finding 9mm anywhere, shelves are empty all over. Local dealer told me that he needed a break from the panic so he could get some rest.

HJH

8. magnumshot

magnumshot Active Member

Was just at a gun shop 15 minutes ago. Owner said the rush has died down. He said it'll all start again if there is another big shooting, or if Obama opens his mouth more about banning. He said if you wanted to invest in an AR to hold value, get a 16" barrel. I wasn't there for an AR, I'm looking for a Colt Series 80.

9. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

I'm astonished that you purchased three Ar's, at the same store three days in a row and never got held up on the NICS check.

10. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Well, the NYS government effectively removed the entire population of NY from the market.

11. zimmie

zimmie Active Member

They have no idea he bought 3 ars, just 3 long guns. Zimmie

12. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

If he had a ccl it wouldn't matter any way. There not called in.

13. mikkeeh

mikkeeh Active Member

Does it seem ironic that the guy reporting the panics over......has been to the store 3 days in a row to check on ammo????? Just sayin. :)

14. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Thats kind of how it struck me Mikkeeh - guy looking for ammo every day and buying three ARs in as many days. Evidently the 'panic' is alive and well.

15. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

He meant everybody else is done. He is still in full panic mode. LOL

16. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

I was done the day after the election, ordered all that I figure I will shoot in many many years

I didn't buy because of fear of not being able to get them just as a hedge against inflation, the .07% the bank pays on our CD's ain't keeping up, so I decided to start stocking up on commodities that we will use anyway

Just a few years ago a brick of .22 shells was $9.95 what are they now? $20-60, it's nuts

17. lwr_

lwr_ Member

No, I am not in panic mode, just looking for 45acps to shoot in my 1911s on the weekend. I was being opportunistic though. The ARs looked so lonely sitting there on the shelf and, like Homer’s Sirens; they beckoned me to take them home. I had no wax for my ears, so home with me they went.

18. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

The 2 Wally Worlds I visit locally haven't been able to keep 45acp in stock since Obama got elected in 2008!

I make a trip to Wally probably a couple of times a month. Everytime I'm in there I go by the sporting goods section to check on ammo. In the 4 plus years since he got elected I think I've picked up a 1000 rounds, and I buy everytime they have any on the shelf.

They have guys waiting for it when it comes off the truck, and these guys know when the truck comes.

It seems the only pistol/rifle ammo they can keep in stock is 32 auto. It is always there.

19. shawnr

shawnr TS Member

I have also been able to buy 3 ar15s at my local wal-mart 2 colts and a dpms. I could have bought 2 more but didnt want to be greedy. I have bought one a week for the last 3 weeks.

20. mikkeeh

mikkeeh Active Member

Based on responses....Id say NO!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.