1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

AR-15 LOWER RECEIVERS $78.00

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by jalu, Nov 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jalu

jalu Member

0   0   0

There is currently a "group buy" being organized on several web sites right now to do a large buy of stripped AR-15 lower receivers from a well known USA manufacturer. Price is $78.00 each plus shipping. Manufacturer has close to 1500 lowers in stock is not expecting a delay in shipping once the group buy has finished on Nov. 16th.

For details go to www.1919a4.com

jalu

2. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

0   0   0

are they good quality?

3. ljunatic

ljunatic Member

0   0   0

doublestar lowers are good quality forged parts

4. deadelk

deadelk Member

0   0   0

Thanks for the heads up I ordered six. Looks like upwards of two thousand will be purchased. If you are interested you should act very soon funds must be received by the 16th.
    Might be time. Happy Veterans Day.

5. hsand4

hsand4 TS Member

0   0   0

Hi I'm new here, I was wondering if the $78.00 deal is still open if so is it

open to anyone If so how do I get in on that sale?

I would appreciate any info on the group buy.

Thank you

Harry

6. jm1079

jm1079 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

me too. JM

7. AJ100

AJ100 TS Member

0   0   0

That deal almost sounds too good to be true.

The guys name selling those recievers wasn't, Bill Dawn, was it?

Tom(AJ100)

8. noknock1

noknock1 Active Member

0   0   0

I used my credit card, so if it is fraud I will get my money back. . . It seems legitimate. I went through over 50 pages of threads on that website reading the traffic and feel comfortable enough to drop a couple hundred bucks or so. . .

The lady on the phone told me the first batch should start being delivered around December with the last batch being delivered by the end of February. I guess we will see one way or the other. . .

9. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

0   0   0

I have been interested lately in obtaining an AR. What is the typical price range for AR lower receivers?

Isn't the lower receiver the only portion of an AR technically classified as a firearm with the other components classified as just parts?

Are all AR components interchangeable among manufacturers?

Guy Babin

10. dverna

dverna Active Member

0   0   0

I looked at building my own a while back and decided to just pay a few hundred more and get a complete rifle from a "recognized" manufacturer who would stand behind their product.

It could be a fun project to build your own or a nightmare. I have heard stories of both. A lot of crap is out there. If you do not know what you are doing it could quite a "learning experience".

Don

11. noknock1

noknock1 Active Member

0   0   0

I see the stripped Double Star lowers were going for $125.00 give or take in Brownells and Midway.

If the manufacturer is a reputable one and the parts are truly MILSPEC then they should fit fine. . .

Out of all the AR companies out there, I understand that there are only a handfull of companies that actually forge the lowers, etc. . . Regardless every manufacturer is way behind right now on orders, expect a minimum 60-90 day wait if you place your order today.

12. hsand4

hsand4 TS Member

0   0   0

How do I get in touch with whom ever is doing this group buy?

13. f18

f18 Member

0   0   0

I bought 10 last week from a dealer in KY for $55.00 (double star) they are a good lower.
    f18

14. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

As far as I know just about all parts are interchangeable except for the pin set for the lower receiver. You have large and small. I do beleive Colt uses the large, and the other manufacturers use the small pins.

Built one for myself about 10 years ago and love it. Olympic receiver, 1 1/8" heavy stainless barrel, and an Ironstone stock. It weighs 14 1/4 pounds and can put 5 in a 5/8" hole. My abilities limit the guns performance. Mike

15. Haskins Bill

Haskins Bill TS Member

0   0   0

Just bought a Rock River lower with a standard trigger, A2 stock and buffer for about $320 including sales tax. Dealer cost is aobut $250 but my delaer can't get them for about three months so I was happy to get mine before Hussein takes office. Popped and Sp1 upper and bolt assy and I am good to go. Bill

16. Haskins Bill

Haskins Bill TS Member

0   0   0

PS. I guess I have $470.00 not counting some magazines in my rifle and all the parts dropped right in. Yes Guy, the lower receiver is the serial numbered part so it has to go through an FFL. I bought my stuff at the Gun show near Toledo two weeks ago and friend gave me a set of handguards so I saved a few bucks there. I will up grade to heavier barrel later on. I know I will hear about the SP1 not having a 'forward assist' on it but I do not anticipate laying in a muddy ditch shooting this thing. It poppped together without a problem and I had not messed with an AR type since 1967. Bill

17. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

0   0   0

Thanks Bill and others. So it sounds like you can save some by buying components and building your own.

Is it safe to say you loose some accuracy going this route? What specifically do you loose if anything?

Guy B

18. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

0   0   0

I have built 1 ar-15 and 3 FAL's from recievers, but starting in Jan. the dealer will be required to label transfered recievers as reciever only. I wonder if the BATFE will be visiting builders? The feds lose alot of money in lost fed excise tax when firearms are built at home. I don't trust them.

19. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

Guy, you will not loose any accuracy. You shoud try to find the ammo that your gun likes to digest. See my above post for 5 shot groups. Mike

20. hsand4

hsand4 TS Member

0   0   0

Is anybody getting any ar lowers if so where can I get in touch with someone to get one or two.
    thanks
    Harry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.