1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

???? AR-15 guys, Bushmaster Carbon fiber rifles

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Brian in Oregon, Sep 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Not my cup of tea. I prefer metal. I do have a plastic .223 handgun, though.

Check out the barrel specs, and compare, for identical barrels, a plastic AR vs an aluminum AR. I don't think you really gain all that much.

Also, most plastic ARs have non-interchangeable grips and buttstocks. You better like them as they are.

2. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

If you are looking for "light" try a Colt SP-1 (can be had for as little as 5.5 lbs - carbine version).

3. Shane in WI

Shane in WI TS Member

I have the Carbon 15 rifle made by Professional Ordinance. I believe Bushmaster makes them now. Basicly the same gun from what I'm told. I like it. It's flat top w/o open sights and a removable buttstock. I bought mine used with 2 magazines and a red dott for $700 out the door. Sounds like you made a good deal. It shoots good. The trigger was very heavy (at 10#'s) so I'm having that fixed now. It is light. I'm sure you'll enjoy yours.

4. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

Pay a little extra and get a real one made of aluminum. The are closing those out all over the place.

5. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    They even come in Skeet Shooter Pink!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.