1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

ar-15 availability down - prices up - have one?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by quartering, Apr 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quartering

quartering Active Member

ar-15's that were bringing $700 six months ago are bringing $1000 today. i predict a market price of $2500 for an ar-15 on nov. 5, 2012 as manufacturers will not be able to keep up with demand. what say you?
  2. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

Actually, here in Missouri, you can walk into any wal mart and buy a dpms ar for 587.00. It was 569 a week ago. Or you can get a bushmaster for 8 something or a sig for about a grand. Saw it last week and called about it today. Just sold that little Sig pistol I just bought a couple weeks ago and am gonna pick up a dpms for myself. That is in Springfield Missouri. John
  3. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Lots of demand for AR15s. There was a brief letup about a year ago, but orders are up again, especially now that an anti-gunner is running against an anti-gunner.

And not just AR15s. Ruger has so many orders that they stopped taking new orders until production catches up.

You'd think liberal politicians would realize that Americans are not going to tolerate gun bans, and are voting with their wallets, but they're so arrogant that they don't believe they or their party will feel a backlash.
  4. bceagle

bceagle TS Member

I was told by my local shop that it would take a minimum of 3 months to get a Colt.
  5. gsw7880

gsw7880 Member

You guy's are cracking me up. I live in Illinois and you can stop at any gun shop including the box stores and they have plenty of AR's on the shelf. "exept cook county".

George
  6. bceagle

bceagle TS Member

I live in Mass, it took me 4 months to renew my LTC this year, I've had the thing 20 years and this is the longest its ever taken, for some reason they said they are overwhelmed with new applications, is everyone afraid of doomsday 12/21/12?
  7. quartering

quartering Active Member

ar-15's that were bringing $700 six months ago are bringing $1000 today. i predict a market price of $2500 for an ar-15 on nov. 5, 2012 as manufacturers will not be able to keep up with demand. what say you?
  8. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

Actually, here in Missouri, you can walk into any wal mart and buy a dpms ar for 587.00. It was 569 a week ago. Or you can get a bushmaster for 8 something or a sig for about a grand. Saw it last week and called about it today. Just sold that little Sig pistol I just bought a couple weeks ago and am gonna pick up a dpms for myself. That is in Springfield Missouri. John
  9. Brian in Oregon

Lots of demand for AR15s. There was a brief letup about a year ago, but orders are up again, especially now that an anti-gunner is running against an anti-gunner.

And not just AR15s. Ruger has so many orders that they stopped taking new orders until production catches up.

You'd think liberal politicians would realize that Americans are not going to tolerate gun bans, and are voting with their wallets, but they're so arrogant that they don't believe they or their party will feel a backlash.
  10. bceagle

bceagle TS Member

I was told by my local shop that it would take a minimum of 3 months to get a Colt.
  11. gsw7880

gsw7880 Member

You guy's are cracking me up. I live in Illinois and you can stop at any gun shop including the box stores and they have plenty of AR's on the shelf. "exept cook county".

George
  12. bceagle

bceagle TS Member

I live in Mass, it took me 4 months to renew my LTC this year, I've had the thing 20 years and this is the longest its ever taken, for some reason they said they are overwhelmed with new applications, is everyone afraid of doomsday 12/21/12?
  13. handlepuller

handlepuller Active Member

14. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I don't know about shortages or price increases but right now at my local Wal Mart, they have a Colt AR 15 for $1000 as well as a Bushmaster AR 15 for $800/something. They also have a Sig 522 in .22Lr. For ammo they have a shelf full of the Federal 420rnd ammo boxes of Green Tip 5.56mm in stripper clips for $153. They have kept a steady supply of AR's in one form or another since late last year. They appear to be moving fairly well. This is Southern Illinois.
    grntitan_2009_2503256.jpg
  15. bceagle

bceagle TS Member

Damn I live in the wrong state WalMart does not sell guns here or in New Hampshire, I was just there today looking for 223 ammo, none in stock at all.......
  16. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

What's the opinion on the DPMS unit? I don't have one and at that price if it's any good it might be just the time to pick one up. Jackie B.
  17. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Active Member

DPMS makes a nice AR..I have one of their uppers to slap on my Bushmaster...very accurate, smooth and reliable
  18. 221

221 Well-Known Member

They get to 2500.00 and mine will be gone. Get your order in now....the sky is falling.....again. LOL OH,,maybe I better run out and buy up a few dozen.

Like the SM said,,,,,when the time comes that I need one, there will be plenty of them laying around.
  19. MDMike

MDMike TS Member

$2500.00. Yes, someone will own one of mine as well.
  20. Brian in Oregon

If you want an off the shelf AR that your dealer ordered months ago and has in stock, fine. If you want to order a particular AR with options you specify, prepare for a longer than usual wait.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.