1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

appx cost of stock fitting

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by daydreamer1, Mar 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daydreamer1

daydreamer1 TS Member

i know this can produce a wide range of priceing-- but going to a stock fitter and being able to make needed changes on my stock,.what price range can be expected and does this also inclued the refinishing the stock or is this the start of a expensive undertaking. i ask because i think adding a adj. comb and adj. pad can solve a major part of a poor fitting stock .any oponions will be welcomed . any one have this work done and was the cost worth the expense in the form of more birds on the trap field?

2. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

Our local stockmaker charges $150 to tell you what you may need (Higher, longer, shorter, right,left) as he watches you shoot targets he provides on his machines. You can go from there. Spacer and kickeezpad $100, adjustible comb $185, Any sanding, cutting etc? The Wenig deal would be best if it's close to that $600 mark.

3. Rollin Oswald

Rollin Oswald Active Member

I agree with those who recommend a visit to Fred Wenig. There are things that most stock fitters cannot or do not do, add cast by bending the stock, installing an add-on rib, etc.

Unless you are likely to gain or lose weight in the next few years, you would be better off having a new stock made in my opinion. However, are you sure you need an adjustable comb and a stock adjuster?

Rollin

4. Beancounter

Beancounter TS Member

Custom stocks are wonderful. But you need to provide a model or go to fitter/stockmaker and have the fitter direct you on posture and shooting and making small adjustments and trying again. Now believing what happens in any one day and during a really short visit is a hard sell. so roll the dice

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.