1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Apple Valley Gun Club

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by BigBearRod, Nov 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigBearRod

BigBearRod Member

Anyone on here that belongs to Apple Valley Gun Club???? Here is my only complaint, MOST Clubs and Ranges do NOT put enough information on their WEB site. For today, the calendar just says: TURKEY SHOOT

Great, what time, how much, who can shoot, etc. ?????? Why can't enough info be put on the WEB so people can decide if they want to shoot WITHOUT calling the range?????? I don't get it.

Rod

2. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

What did we ever do before the Internet???

3. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

I'm sure anyone who's at the club will be able to shoot. I would try to arrive about 0800 and help set things up. I don't know what they will charge. Club should have posted the information

4. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Rod, venture on out to the club and have some fun! Tell Matt F. that I sent you there with a new can of whupazz to smear all over him! I once was the prez of that great lil rock pile and it's a fun place to shoot!
    hapmectweaks_2008_03036.jpg

hapmectweaks_2008_03037.jpg

Hap

5. JIM SIMS

JIM SIMS Member

ROD-
    Looks like one of our club officers or chairmen didnt get the posting
    on the calendar up unit the last minute.
    We are a small club,(2 TRAPS )WINTER SCHEDULE--ALL EVENTS START AT 9:00
    Unless otherwise posted
    NORMAL SCHEDULE
    MON--PRACTICE 9:00
    TUES " 9:00
    WED P.M. JUNIORS 7:00
    THURS--9:00 PRACTICE
    7:00 PM "
    SAT 9:00 PRACTICE
    3RD SAT POT SHOOTS-9:00
    3RD SUN ATA 9:00
    You can contact me at 760 9636152 ot the trap char "WOODY" phone # on web site
    You can come down and shoot as my guest,or any scheduled event is open to public
    Jim
    The name HAP gave you was Matt F. matt is no longer active in club.

6. BIG JIM IN BAKERSFIELD

BIG JIM IN BAKERSFIELD TS Member

Apple Valley,Ca. was the home to Roy Rogers. That is where he built his museum. Look it up on Google Earth. South East of Los angeles, on the way to Vegas.... Jim

7. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

Rod,

Great to see the photos of the place. Miss being able to get out and shoot with you guys once and awhile. Since I finished the interim chief job down there, I really have not been shooting much. Say hellow to Skip and all of the gents.

Jon Schorle

8. JIM SIMS

JIM SIMS Member

ZARDOZFOURTY
    APPLE VALLEY CAL
    VICTORVILLE/ APPLE VALLEY AREA
    JIM

9. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

I have to agree with Zardo on this, the OP complained that,

"Why can't enough info be put on the WEB so people can decide if they want to shoot WITHOUT calling the range?????? I don't get it."

Yet he complains and post no information about the clubs location???? I guess it isn't so hard to not post the information!!!!!! Do you get it yet?????

Bob Lawless

10. JIM SIMS

JIM SIMS Member

Ivanhoe
    Please refer your comments re: shoot info to club web site-"contact us"
    There are ample directions there also
    Jim

11. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

I referred my comments to the originator of this thread the one that is complaining about lack of information not you.

Not everyone that shoots or reads these threads lives in CA. Some live a considerable distance from your club. So the name of a club with no further information is a toss up.

Besides you didn't make the comments that I am referring to BBR did. He isn't complaining, Yet!!!!

Bob Lawless

12. Hap MecTweaks

I learned very early in life, from my Dad, that I could catch more flies with honey than with tongue venom or HS?

Mr. Sims, what would it hurt to type a few explanatory words on a shooting forum in case it was overlooked on the web-site? Your attitude toward Bob Lawless speaks volumes and further, possibly explains to me why Matt F. is no longer active in the clubs work? Are you aware that your clubs by-laws once stated this, "there will be no "N.....s or women allowed membership in this club" ?? That little oversight was overlooked from the 30s till I read it and contacted our clubs lawyer and got that changed. There was a lady shooter wanting to join OR own the club at the time!

Your attitude sux!

Gene Hapney

13. JIM SIMS

JIM SIMS Member

HAP & BOB
    I apologise for any percived "attitude".I thought I was being criticized
    for trying to help,thought Bob's criticizems were directed at me.
    Truth be known,I didnt know about the turkey shoot untill the day before and dont think many others knew either,(VERY LOW TURN OUT).
    Matt and I are good friends and he speaks highly of you Gene.He pulled away due to buying a house,he and crissy are currently rehabing.Yes the calender on
    the web site needs some work!!
    I was not able to give anymore details on the turkey shoot,they were not availible anywhere but the flyer at the range.
    Again sorry guys,no disrespect intended
    Jim Sims

14. Hap MecTweaks

Jim, I will delete my post haste pronto! Thanks for clearing this up for me!

Hap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

apple valley gun club

apple valley gun club forum

are there any afro-american members in the apple valley gun club