1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Apple Ipad Questions

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by FIB, Feb 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FIB

FIB Member

I'm thinking about purchasing an Apple Ipad for work/business travel. I'm getting a little tired of hauling the laptop around. I've looked at the Ipad2 with 16gb of storage and they are $ 499.00 everywhere. Do you really need the 32gb which is quite a bit more money? I don't plan on saving alot of pictures or music on it. Opinions??????

2. mcurry2507

mcurry2507 TS Member

Get the 32. I have a 16 iPhone and horribly wished I would've got the 32. Almost maxed out with few files and apps I have a yr and a half before I can upgrade. 16 is not much for a business at all.

3. Baber

Baber TS Member

First.... wait a few weeks as the iPad 3 is due to be released in early March. I have the original iPad and have been carrying it in lieu of a Macbook for about 2 years. Mine is a 32GB with 3G and WIFi. I am considering going to the new IPAD 3 when it come out. 32 GB has been enough for me. You can store a lot of your file in the Cloud or in a Drop Box Folder.

Tom

4. HDR

HDR TS Member

I am a cellular technician and use my tablet everyday all day and it is just 16g and i put a 8g sd card in it. If you are not going to be downloading music, pictures or video you really dont need that much, i personally wouldn't get less than 16g.. And on another note ipads are nice if thats what your used to. I researched allot becorr purchasing a tablet and i bought the acer iconia A500 $350 that runs android and absolutly love it. I i havent came across anything so far that an ipad can do that the android cant. I even got a free app that can download all your itunes music ect. Onto the android and it works great. Again just personal preference the ipad is mac based and the android is more like windows..

5. chemist

chemist Member

son in law is top senior systems engineer for Apple in Gov't division- we have both iPad versions, mac book pros, and I have an iPod for quickie messages. I phone is not my choice as I lose the damn things and drop them often. New iPad III coming March 1- stock went up 19 dollars today. I like the iPad for screen size ( readability ) and travel convenience. If you have the money buy the iPad II, and if you have the patience wait for the III version. They are amazing with internet and phone accounts but not cheap. Get the navigon program for 30 bucks and toss your GPS. I used to be a PC user and was obstinate about MAC - now I would not go back. I think that there is a saying . "Once you go MAC you won't go back". I do not get any commission for this info, and I also do not get viruses . Great Spam screener. If I had the mac earlier I might not have been scammed on a GA deal. There will be other opinions but these are mine.

Rich Kaplan- chemist

6. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

Not disagreeing on the iPad front, but if you're like me I do not type well on the screen (I have big fingers and hitting the small buttons is not easy for me).

M solution was a MacBook Air - all the benefits of the iPad, plus a real keyboard and all the trimmings you get with any other computer.

I have a MacBook Pro at home, but travel with the Air - a quick 'clone' of the hard drive ad I am good to go with either one.

7. Mr. Flinch

Mr. Flinch Member

Wait for the IPad III if you must have Apple. Tablet PC's are every bit as good and you don't pay 2 prices. Apples are every bit as vulnerable to viruses and you will see them targeted more as time goes on. They haven't been targeted as much because they still have a smaller part of the overall market. Microsoft is still the big boy and attackers can cover many more units with viruses, bots, etc. Apple's day is coming and when it does there will be many surprised owners visiting those trendy Apple stores.

8. Baber

Baber TS Member

Mr flinch has it wrong here. Apple controls the software on th IPAD and does a great job of keeping the virus and Mao ware off the system. Android is a cesspool of malware because no one is minding the store. Yes.... People are tying to write malware for the IPAD but Apple must approve the product before it can be sold.

T

9. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

HDR, how do you put a SD card into your iPad? I have a second gen iPa and don't see a slot.

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

10. Baber

Baber TS Member

Sesotho

You use the camera connection kit. I insert a SD cared from my camera and download photos frequently.

T

11. JenVern

JenVern TS Member

Gene
    I also have the sd card aswell as the USB accessories for my iPad 2 I paid around $30 and I have down loaded close to 2000 pics they have awesome apps to organize your pics I use it for my trail cams have a file for 6 cams in ILL and a file for 2 cams in Mich works amazing downloads a sd card in less than 60 secs I think it is more fun than hunting well almost!

Vern Billings

12. chuckie68

chuckie68 Active Member

I got the 32gb, because the warp speed is better. I love mine.

13. Slugo

Slugo Member

The 32 gigs is storage, has nothing to do with speed. I have the basic $499 unit and it has served me well for over a year. Still have 10 gigs of storage available...

14. chemist

chemist Member

New MAC Book Air due out very soon, if you have any interest in that suggestion. Might try and find an APPLE store and pay it a visit. Hands on can help.

Rich K. chemist

15. Dougbbbb

Dougbbbb TS Supporters TS Supporters

A lot of new products for 2012. Probably a look at their first dabble in tv's. Stock is up 100 per share in the last 30 days closing in on a half trillion dollar market cap.

Doug

16. ONEDOLLARBILL

ONEDOLLARBILL Member

I would not leave the country without my apple IPad II I DID get the 64 gig model ,I know I'll never use it all but BUT it's there if I do go crazy ! I am not sure the III will be much better I switched over from windows and never have looked back wish I would not have resisted it for so long !

17. RFGA2

RFGA2 Member

I have an Ipad l and my wife has an Ipad ll. They both do lots of things really well. We also have a kindle and I have an Iphone 4S and the rest of the family Droids. I do lots of pictures and the Ipad is great.

I would wait to look for the Ipad lll which is due out in march sometime. We will probably upgrade to it and give the l or ll to one of the kids.

Bob Gibson

18. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

As was said before, wait a few weeks for the iPad 3. Even if you don't want to get the iPad 3, you'll be able to save a few bucks on the iPad 2 when the 3 comes out. Apple is the best build quality, software, iOS is by far the best platform IMO, and Apple is an American company, so buy American! In the iPad 3, look for 4GLTE (if you're going that route), retina display, some form of SIRI, and the camera that is on the iPhone 4S. (I have the 4S and the camera is absolutely stunning).
    Good luck,
    -Trappy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.