1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Appears to be a ripoff on selling Hulls!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Shooting Jack, Sep 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Back on 7 Jul I saw 20 ga hulls for sale on TS.com and offered the individual $38.00 for them shipped. Individual came back with a PM and offered to sell them to me for that price as someone else decided to pass them up as they were not the old 20 Ga AA with the black design around the AA. At any rate I PM'd him that I wanted them and would get a money order Monday and get it in the mail. This was on Jul 11th and he acknowledged receiving the Money order(i recieved your money order today. can you please confirm your address with me before i send the hulls out. ive had some very bad luck sending things to the wrong address

Reply to the Private Message) I responded with a PM with my address and phone number again. Two weeks after He supposebly shipped the hulls I still had not received them and I called him and He asked me to wait another week and if I had not gotten them he would give me a refund. I waited two more weeks and still didn't get them. I have called him and he will not answer his phone. I was hesitant to give out this information hoping he had gone to the grand and just hadn't had an opportunity to respond. I have left nice messages only and have not heard a word from him. He has been on TS.com for a couple of years so didn't want to blacken his name. What do I do? I can't help but think that he may stick someone else for a lot more than $38.00 if I don't reveal his identity. All that I have told is on My PM area as I have never deleted any PM's from anyone. I thought if I post this that maybe he will read it and respond rather than me revealing who he is. I believe there are some on the site that know him personally so have been hesitant but maybe I shouldn't have been. Sincerely Jackie B.

2. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Give him the time to respond to you after your post. Then turn it loose. If a person would screw you out of $38 they would do it to someone for a lot more.

Good luck.

Don

3. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Daddy said, "If a man will lie about one thing, he'll lie about another." Sad that integrity isn't what it used to be. Maybe he'll step up.

4. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Jckie: Did you get a tracking number to confirm that in fact the hulls were shipped?

5. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Jackie B:

You are going about the right way even if it is wrong for most it look's like you are giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Ok the P.M. messages should get to him and if he can't reply to you there then you might have to go public but 1 time before I went public on someone and I forgot what I was told but he came thru after he became public I got some sort of excuse but I bought it but really doubt if it was true but wanted to keep the peace.

Anyway im sure if this guy looks at this trap site every day or so then he will respond and give you some satisifaction but really it is no use for you to come on here asking but the party must not of done what they said so I have to say you are a very patient man.

By the way I am also.

Fog

6. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

I doubt anyone would sully their reputation over $38. Please use discretion and hopefully there is a logical explanation.

7. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

OK here goes. Make every good faith effort to contact him. If it goes sour file a complaint with the U.S. Postal service for MAIL FRAUD. "BELEIVE ME" it will get action and the guy will be in DEEP Do Do if he did try and deraud you!

8. Bridger

Bridger Member

I hope this works out but I would not hesitate to post the information on the transaction if he does not respond. As for the Post Office, don't hold your breath that they are going to do much about a $38 transaction. It is mail fraud but this is pretty small stuff compared to the other losses they investigate and they are swamped with them.

9. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear such a thing happening!

The few transactions that I have had with TSers have always been better that what was described.

10. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Check your PM's

11. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

If you made transactions on line and you have the emails(contract) to back up your claim. You can contact the FBI internet Fraud center. Check out above link. Also you can contact any of his local offices Attorney General, state police local town officials. I had a problem with someone, when I finally got the info and right names that would be contacted, I got my goods. Although they might not persue a small time frauder, If you have enough info and they do not have to chase this guy, a rooky might be put on it. I also contacted the local postmaster in this guys area, very helpfull with mail fraud info. Trust me no one wants the fbi or anyother government agency at their door. Especially for chump change.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.