1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

Apology To The Perceived Whiners

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by claykiller, Apr 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. claykiller

claykiller Member

In the past I've read many threads complaining about autos throwing shells on the shooter or hitting their gun. After reading these complaints I always thought, "just shut up and shoot ya whiner." Well, today during the doubles round I was placed to the right of a fellow with an 11-87. Inevitably the first shell would hit me and the second would lob just in front of me trying to hit my barrel. The fellow was a new shooter and I had been speaking with him through out the day. Talk about a distraction, after a couple stations I actually found myself getting irritated. It blew the round for me but i just kept my mouth shut. In the future I'll be watching who I squad with during doubles, if I know they use an autoloader I'll just have them move me. This type of complaint is definetly ligitimate.
  2. pigkiller

pigkiller TS Member

That would be "whiners."
  3. Nutso

Nutso Member

When shooting next to an auto shooters in the doubles event, don't put up your gun until the shells have hit the ground.

It helps it's not perfect, but what is. Everyone has quirks ans some of the quirks eat away, and cause distraction, it's best to find away to manage these, rather than to try and modify someone else's behavior. And much better than acting like a stuck up.
  4. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

TELL ME ABOUT IT:)

Hot brass burns...

Mash on the link above - TRON can tame that auto...

FRedmon
  5. Unknown1

Unknown1 Active Member

...in the sun & breeze of Copper Bank, Belize
    ...and most anybody with a rubber band from a head of celery can also do it...on the spot.

Keller
  6. g7777777

g7777777 Active Member

Actually the rubber band doesnt work for doubles

Thats why they call it doubles- you have to fire a second shot which isnt easy if the first hull sometimes sticks in the gun because of the rubber band

Regards from Iowa

Gene
  7. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Active Member

Killer, you paid for the targets and it's up to you if you decide to forgo the pleasure of getting pelted with empties. The auto guy shoots what he has, and welcome, and I have no right to bitch, it's just that I don't need to shoot next to him. You did it right...kept your mouth shut and move on...

best.....mike
  8. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Or, if you happen to be next to a southpaw with a Perazzi, his/her shells may inadvertently be ejected forcibly back at you!

Just sayin'
  9. bill kindred

bill kindred Active Member

I vote for just turning your back on the shooter to your left if there is a problem and wait till the "bombing" is over before you prepare for your turn. It's really not that bad if you accept it.
  10. dmarbell

dmarbell Active Member

I've shot just a few rounds of doubles, so I'm no expert. But, I was concentrating so hard on looking for the launch point during the shooters' shots to my left, to get my hold point right for the first shot, you could have stuck a hull in my nether-regions and I wouldn't have noticed it.

I always thought Tiger Woods would have been, while maybe not a better golfer, a more pleasant one to watch, if he had practiced with some folks running around talking during his swing and clicking cameras in his backswing. How many rounds would have taken for him not to notice?

Danny
  11. Bob Merkov

Bob Merkov TS Member

I agree with what Nutso and tripod suggested, but I take it one further by stepping one pace to the rear and let the shells land in front of me. It's a small thing... don't let it bother you.

Bob M
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.