1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Apology to Joe Kuhn

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by sliverbulletexpress, Nov 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

It seems that I don't check my email often enough, I have been informed by the moderator that my comments about Joe Kuhn are out of line and this is my only warning.

Somehow the comment made about a GI Blanket party was interpreted by Joe as to mean something that could amount to murder. First off I meant it as a joke, secondly in my time that wouldn't even be considered. For my time it was a way of handling some joker who had us all running and doing way to many front leaning rests because of his screw ups. It never got worse that maybe a couple of bruises a few short sheets and maybe some latrine water to shower off.

So I apologize Joe if you took it to mean I meant some kind of real violence against you, I didn't it was a poor joke, I forget everyone isn't from my time or experience in life. I meant that someone in your club with more experience might talk to you about the things you are posting. I think your way of questioning of firearm safety could be used against the firearms industry someday. I don't have anything personal against you, never met you don't know you. But I read your posts as having the potential to be used against firearms, that's my thinking. I don't trust the anti-gunners as far as I can throw them, I'm no computer whiz but I know there are ways of dragging up anything that has ever been posted on the net for those that know how, the news people do it all the time.

I don't think we have a problem with unsafe guns, when I read your posts it seems to me that you think we do. No matter how good your intentions are misinformation gets used. When you are posting about forming companies to build safe shotguns and all it could be said that there must be unsafe shotguns being sold out there. I've been shooting a long time, I've never seen a problem that wasn't related to ammo or just plain stupidity from the owner.

So I apologize for any hurt I've caused you and to the rest of the forum for my misconduct. Obviously my thinking on this is not shared by this forum so I will try my best to keep myself in check.

2. o3dave

o3dave TS Member

Its painfull for me to have to read something with this content in a gun forum.
    I like to think here and other "gun" forums that I am safe and can forget about the PC world. That Im in a bubble of like minded "good American" company.
    Seems we have been infiltrated at even our comfortable spaces. Such a shame that my father and grandfather made such sacrifices so these infidels could have rights to shame those who have brought no harm to our America and do all the right things for her. Weve lost the right to say the word "Christmas". I should be ashamed to be white and republican. Guns are evil. Whats left?

3. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

You want a really "Safe Gun"??

Don't put it in the hands of a dummy!!!

Curt

4. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Here's a case in point!!

Curt

5. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Maybe I am an insensitive old curmudgeon....but how in hell can the mention of a "blanket party" turn into a murder threat?

Is this site becoming that politically correct...or... did someone forget to take his meds?

Someone please clue me in!

6. Charles.F.Phillips

Charles.F.Phillips TS Member

sliverbulletexpress,

I saw your comments and did not see a threat in them. However, it takes a man to stand up and apologize, so huzza to sliverbulletexpress. Bravo, sir! Or, as we say in the naval services, Bravo Zulu!

7. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy TS Member

Clue me in also. Blanket parties were not uncommon in the service. I was in attendance at a few of them. Not as the "guest of honor" but as a participant. At no time was anyone murdered.

8. abbielew

abbielew TS Member

Siler Bullet,

You do not have to, nor need to apologize to who ever Joe K is.
    Joe K. is the screw up

Later

9. Jimmyc

Jimmyc TS Member

I gotta second that. Isn't he the guy that always has negative comments about everything? Anyway only a loser would cry to the mods.
    Jimmy

10. primed

primed Well-Known Member

At ease gentlemen!

11. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

You don,t need to apologize . The person that took offence needs to grow a set and stop crying to the mods .

This is a good site (or was) I sure don,t need to go PC to post here .

12. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

SBE - I didn't go to the moderators. I did ask David to remove my thread about gun problems after discussing it with a couple of shooters. In the end it was level headed discussion that convinced me to remove it rather than the name calling, "jokes", etc. What did the moderator say to you exactly?

13. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

There are far to many thin skin people here. Grow a thicker hide.

14. joe kuhn

I didn't think you meant any kind of violence against me. I don't know where that came from.

Joe

15. rodbuster

rodbuster TS Member

I have had the pleasure of shooting with Joe Kuhn on several occasions. Joe is a good guy, and he has a sense of humor. I think if some of these gentlemen who have offered up the disparaging remarks, would get to know Joe, they would have a favorable opinion of him. I am glad to have made your acquaintance, Joe.

Respectfully submitted, Rodbuster.

16. joe kuhn

Thanks.

If you other guys need to say something about gun safety, then say it, but do so without discouraging words about me. If you support SBE's view, then say so and support your opinion. Slamming me does not support a view about gun safety one way or the other. I've been convinced that this forum is not the place to discuss it, so I welcome any level toned PM. Make your case.

Joe

17. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Another thread that is developing a life of it's own. How about putting the offending thread up here so that we can make judgement if it's offensive or not.

Don

18. ccw1911

ccw1911 Member

From what I remember of Joe's thread "gun safety" is a little misleading. To me gun safety means keeping the muzzle in a safe direction etc. Best I remember the thread was about Joe starting a new company to build shotguns that would handle anything a stupid reloader could pack into it and his expecting all shotguns to be built that way.

19. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Doesn't need to be offensive for the mod to jump on it. Just has to seem offensive to the mod. I have virtually quit posting because of one of them.
    Bill Grill

20. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

A simple "Be Nice" will never be misunderstood..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.