1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

APOLOGY FROM CRITTENDEN AAA

Discussion in 'Shoot Information, EVENTS, Clinics & Results' started by goldwater64, Aug 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goldwater64

goldwater64 TS Member

Will there be any monetary reimbursement due to mental anguish?

2. machete

machete TS Member

I don't get it. You still loaded clay targets right? All clay targets break when you hit them with a shotgun.

3. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

Tell your shooters it helps to hit the middle of the target. :)

Personally, I see no reason to appologize. It was an honest error that was not the fault of the club or club management from the way it sounds. If everyone shot the same targets, what is the problem? Hell, I would like to practice on targets like that. It would really tighten a guy up and make you bear down on them.

John

4. davidjayuden

davidjayuden Well-Known Member

And here I thought that they had sent all of those to Nebraska...
    We feel your pain.
    dju

5. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

Excuse me for asking but what kind of WF targets were they and how do you identify them as per markings on the boxes . Were they regulars or Bios ??

6. Martinpicker

Martinpicker Active Member

I wish we had some of these at our club! The ones we have are being broken by our new Promatic trap machine before we ever get a chance to miss them! Martinpicker

7. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

No explaination to what the difference was ????

8. ctreay

ctreay Member

They were probably sporting clay targets. They are harder due to the rough handeling they get. Plus if you have ever shot sporting you know "damn well I hit that sucker but it didn't break".

ctreay

9. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

Still no answer ?? Were they different targets packed in another box ? Is this some secret between the company and purchaser ?? You people bring up your problems and don`t give any answers for us out here to beware of in the future

10. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

Sir , I read the first thread very carefully - Stated " I have been informed that our club received on our last shipment of targets , two different lots of hardness in the making of the targets . We got the wrong targets delivered to us is the easiest way to say it". All I have been asking is how can we , the "other people", know that we are getting the proper targets when ordering for our club ? Were they in wrong boxes , standard pitch , Bios , sporting clay targets , fault in manufacturing ? Sorry but I don`t know how clearer I can make this sound to get a better answer from you . .

11. AAAHAWK

AAAHAWK Member

Just for future reference,what brand of Target were you using?
    Were you getting significant Breakage?

12. ctreay

ctreay Member

We shoot Lawry targets at our club. We also have a sporting clays course. Trap targets are marked on the box's "trap and skeet targets". Our sporting targets are marked on the boxes "sporting clays targets". I assume that WF and others do the same. Champions do not have to be marked as they are hard as hell anyway.

ctreay

13. dverna

dverna Active Member

Dan, I agree with ljutic111.

It would be most informative if you could simply answer:

1. Who was the manufacturer?

2. Is there a way to identify the "wrong targets".

Bear in mind we are trap shooters and not very bright. Information must be presented in a way that is simple to understand. I reread your posts and think you owe ljutic111 an apology. I couldn't deduce the answer to his questions either; but he did assume they were WF's and you did not correct him. Therefore, you may have already answered the first question.

We got stuck with some crap targets (Federals) and it drove shooters away. If other manufacturers are havng issues, it would be helpful to know as much as posssible so other clubs can avoid the problem you experienced.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Don Verna

14. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

Thank you Don for the KIND words . And YES we sometimes are not very bright but after 4 questions without answers to his dilema I sort of ran out of reasonings and only wanted a rational conclussion so we could be aware ourselves . Champions didn`t work in one of our older Winchester machines but would in the other but since we switched to the Super Stars and all WF targets we had less breakage . We only bought the Champions in a pinch when WF had some manufacturing issues and couldn`t get them in time when we ran out . Now switching to the Bios, are working fine once the Super Stars were adjusted properly for them .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.