1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Apology and Thanks to Mr. DeVault

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Chango2, May 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Firstly, I would like to thank Mr. Dennis DeVault for taking my telephone number off of one of his postings. Mr. DeVault mistakenly included that when he posted a private communication I sent to him. I checked with the webmaster for this site, and learned that I can give Mr. DeVault credit for that action.

Secondly, I did not realize that Mr. DeVault works on a very tight schedule. I e mailed him an admittedly ascerbic e letter, some would consider rude, and it was, and for that I apologize. I was upset hearing about a problem that a fellow shooter was having with after market service from Mr. DeVault's company. Now...I forgot to mention that I was also dumbfounded why some seemingly simple washers Mr. Devault sells cost $1.57 each. I think that was a fair question. I have been chastised appropriately and now realize that I was remiss in questioning. Checking through my e mail box, I feel I must also apologize for complaining about the cost in a public forum. I learned that I sent the second e mail, questioning the cost of the washers, less than two minutes after the first e letter, the e letter that was (surpringly) posted by Mr. DeVault.

I can only assume that Mr. DeVault works on a very tight schedule and really did not realize that a second e mail was sent to him, and I assume the second e letter arrived, one or two minutes after the first. According to my "sent" box, it did. I am sure that Mr. DeVault can read and digest an e letter of, say average, 300 word length, in significantly less than one minute and not realize that another e letter had arrived. I now realize that Mr. DeVault is likely highly talented based upon the significant support he receives.

Mr. DeVault also very kindly educated me, privately, via e mail, that he does not show pictures of his machine shop for security reasons. I am paraphrasing here. I quite understand that; as many might surmise, that is a necessary step that is often taken when highly technical and possibly secretive products are produced, such as washers. Producing washers may take highly proprietary methods and specialized CNC software, ("Computer Numerical Control", I believe is the full name) as does producing complicated and articulated parts for a shotgun. I apologize for even questioning anything regarding how difficult and technical making a washer, let alone a firearm action, can be.

Mr. DeVault also suggested, at this forum, that we have a nice dinner together one evening since, to paraphrase, he finds that I provide laughs. However, in a private e mail, he suggested that he will not open or read any of my e letters I may send to him. I guess that gracious offer extended by Mr. DeVault was subsequently rescinded. I think this is unfortunate; I have been educated and now understand the impediments presented when one is highly involved in teaching and in procedures that involve (possibly) highly technical machining, including, but not exclusive of, manufacturing shotgun parts.

I wish Mr. DeVault all future success and regret that my e mail letters to him arrived in such an inconvenient time frame, (albeit consecutive), to have been read before he left to go to New York and teach. One or two minutes difference in a time frame can make a tremendous difference. Again, I apologize for not sending the letters in a more timely manner, perhaps say, 30 seconds apart. Missing a second e mail is highly probable in a long time frame of one to two minutes.

I also am highly impressed that the manufacturing of single shot trapguns and other firearm mechanisms requires very tight security. The late and great Kelly Johnson of Lockheed's Skunk Works helped save our Free World by using such tight security. I would surmise that Mr. Kelly Johnson may also have employed proprietary technology and close security to produce fastener components.

Thank you Mr. DeVault, and I do hope we break bread together one day. You are a fine gentleman and a big person to have taken my telephone number off of a private e communication that had been inadverntenly posted in a public forum. I realize that an error like that can happen to the very best of us due to its subtle nature that can only be prevented by very, very, careful review.

With All Best Wishes,

David Buchman
    Los Angeles

2. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Leave your foot in your mouth it looks better that way.

Don

3. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Don,

????? I tendered a gentlemanly apology

?????

4. Harv Shell

Harv Shell TS Supporters TS Supporters

Don, I think it's apparent this guy just likes to hear himself talk. Time to start giving weather reports. Harv Shell

5. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

What the heck guys, I'll leave it simply like this: I can't apologize?

Gee..."WTF", damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Weather Report was a great band, BTW, looking forward to the MP3's.

6. trapshooteraa27aa

trapshooteraa27aa Well-Known Member

Maybe an apology without all the extra sarcasim and bs. Look at your other post and wonder why you get this response. If it was a sincere apology then why all the crap and you know exactly what I mean.

7. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

????

And I'll leave at that, lots of mind readers out there.

8. Shawn

Shawn Member

Rotflmao.

When we nominate for post of the year you will be on my short list.

JMHO YMMV

9. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Shawn... Copy and submit for POTY would you? the self serving tires me now. Perhaps later I can read it.

david, get out whaile you are still alive. Delete delete DELETE

NOW

10. jsteenson

jsteenson Member

David
    Just what colour is the sky in your world?
    Jack

11. postmastertim

postmastertim Wheels are falling off.... TS Supporters

12. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

Another pulled thread. I missed it. Oh well .......Ray (ö¿ö)

13. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

How could you respond to a pulled thread? How could I?

14. setool

setool Member

Chango2, Shut your F#&%@%g Mouth !!! You know ZERO truth !!!

If you really want to Man Up, Call me... I'll even spend the dime. My name is Mark Schneider. I own South East Tool Co. in Dayton, Ohio. My Toll Free # is:(888) 258-0616.

Really have been biting my tongue, but... Guess what !!! I am the rape artist making them for Dennis !!! Guess what else, I make a lot of stuff for the finest Gentleman I have ever met here. His nane is "Whiz"...

Now, if you really wish to understand how foolish you have presented yourself, well, I just gave you a big door to walk in to.

Mark

15. dead on 4

dead on 4 Well-Known Member

Roger,
    I'm tired of the west coast (California) being debased because all the goofs, kooks and whatever's from around the country are cast out by their home states and we end up with them or they have to learn to swim, its a big ocean.......... All the rest you said is good with me.

Surfer

16. Nutso

Nutso Member

Time to let this thread die, there was some venting, some slamming, some sticking up for both parties....and some rediculous crap as well, which doesn't need further discussuion.

Professionals please be professional

Honorable Gentlemen please be honorable.

Lets stick together, there are plenty of outside organizations that would like to see us go away.

We all have our complaints, some minor, some large, let's help one another to see the otherside of the issue and reach reasonable conclusions, which improve our enjoyment in participation of this wonderful and historic sport of Trap Shooting.

Lastly there will always be disagreement, and controversy, honorable debate is a healthy way to discuss and resolve them. Destructive debate is means which will divide us.

Walk well my friends.

17. 221

221 Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Weathers been that bad in Dayton? EH

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.