1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Apex Reloaders

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by lytnin1, Mar 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lytnin1

lytnin1 Member

What ever become of the APEX brand shotshell reloaders . They were on the market down here and then disappeared. I thought that they were a Hornady Product??

2. james huffington

james huffington TS Member

Yes the Apex reloaders were produced by Hornady, but they discontinued them several yrs ago, I dont know exactly when, I purchased one in '95 its been in use ever since, why they quite making them i dont know, i like mine. i guess they just werent selling them over there 366, which i also have. It appears to me that the RCBS Grand is a close copy of the Apex, the only fault that i find with the Apex is the wad & powder tube combo is rather large, and if your wad peddles are not flaired somewhat, they will catch and fold over upon insertion. hope i answered you question. smokum, Big Jim

3. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

Do a thread search. Saw one on here for sale several wks. ago. Don't know if it sold or not. ----Steve

4. Doug Mc

Doug Mc TS Member

I had a 12 and 20 ga. they were OK -- nothing more -- i think they stopped building them because they were just OK and poor design -- I had problems with the primer drop in both of them -- not so much with getting them from the primer tray to the turrent -- but with getting them to drop into the primer press station --tip --wedge you name it they did it -- many calls to their customer service and changing of very high priced parts -- never could get them to function correctly -- they now have new homes -- sold them cheap -- now have 4 MEC 9000's -- parts are still available but as I said very costly -- Doug

5. GordonWood421

GordonWood421 TS Member

If anyone is looking for an APEX 3.1 , I have one that I will sell .

Charlie

6. lytnin1

lytnin1 Member

I am down in OZ and things like spares etc are very hard to come by especially with restrictive firearms laws and import restrictions. I have a 366 . a MEC 650 and and a 600Jr but was ondering about the Apex's . THANKS TO ALL WHOM HAVE REPLIED Good Shooting Guys

7. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Sold a brand new 3.1 on E-bay last month for $255!!

8. MGeslock

MGeslock TS Member

I have one NEW in 20 gauge if anyone needs one.

9. southpark

southpark TS Member

I have heard that folks who know how to use them love them and they are very fast.

I sold a new one here in a day.

True enough, Hornady will keep replacing parts for free.

A fellow I spoke with at Hornady said it is the model he uses at home and prefers. He also explained that some folks would just try to force things when they shouldn't and that caused a lot of problems rather than finding out what was holding things up. With too many ham-handed users it wasn't cost effective to keep making.

Feature for feature, I'm not sure anything does more even today.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.