1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Apex 3.1 problem

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by DonB, Mar 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DonB

    DonB TS Member

    Joined:
    Mar 8, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    I owned the Apex 3.1 for a few years. I found that if you bent the spring metal wire that acts as a groove for the primer drop gear it would force it to make the last little bit of travel to drop the primer. Also, make sure that the plastic piece that connects the gear on the machine to the primer drop is not damaged.
    I always wanted to heat up the plastic connecting piece and give it a little twist so the primer drop would make that last little bit of travel. I never did that, but it might be a last resort. Good luck.
     
  2. J.P.

    J.P. TS Member

    Joined:
    Jan 29, 1998
    Messages:
    111
    I had the same problem, gave up and bought a Spolar, I hope this works as the 3.1 was a good loader for the $$. I did the above fixes and it would work for a while.....
     
  3. ric3677

    ric3677 Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jan 29, 1998
    Messages:
    3,463
    Location:
    Montana
    Had the same problem and took it apart and added a washer or two on top to make it travel a bit farther. It worked for awhile, now I am back to finishing the twist. Funny how we adapt.

    Rickyd
     
  4. Doug Mc

    Doug Mc TS Member

    Joined:
    May 11, 2006
    Messages:
    214
    Dittos owned a 12 and 20 -- same problems -- everything else worked fine on the loaders but the primer feed was awful -- primer feed on both of them was a mess -- gave up sold them cheap -- they quite selling them ( I feel) because they knew they had a problem and a poor design in that area
     
  5. trapperpg

    trapperpg Member

    Joined:
    Jan 29, 1998
    Messages:
    138
    I had the same problem with both of my 3.1s. Slightly loosen the screws that hold the spring/ratchet ass'y together to create a little extra clearance.
    PG
     
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.