1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

AOL claims guns lower home values....

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Brian in Oregon, Jan 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    http://realestate.aol.com/blog/2013/01/16/gun-permits-home-values/?ncid=webmail22

Totally overlooked is that when gun permits are required, the owners have had a background check. So each dot represents a law-abiding citizen.

Unlike the homes without a dot, which could represent a pedophile, rapist, meth lab, burglary ring, illegal alien gang, etc.

2. Doctor_Chicago

Doctor_Chicago Member

Amazing slant in the media about Gun Owners.

3. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Stupidity

4. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Wouldn't expect anything less from an anti-gun outfit like AOL. AOL and gun rights - use it and lose them...

Ed

5. rpeerless

rpeerless Well-Known Member

Don't sweat it. If you have pets indoors and your house front doesn't face west it is supposedly a 'lower home value' as well. Just depends...

6. fast gun

fast gun Active Member

Then why do property taxes keep going up?

7. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    That's a very good idea... gun owners should try to get their property taxes reduced on the basis of gun ownership devaluing their home value.

Does anyone think gov.org is going to give up that tax revenue? They'd be caught between a rock and a hard place debating over whether to denigrate gun owners at the expense of lost revenue, or to proclaim there is no home value loss and maintain the property tax assessments.

8. slic lee

slic lee Active Member

My youngest daughter when she was 6 years old, we were using AOL because both kids were used to it, she was told by AOL, we are not allowing you to use that web site as we feel it is dangerous.
    Both decided to post comments to AOL "its non of your business where I want to go". Either allow me to do what I want or I will cancel you out.
    Their answer was OK,its your responsibility and they had access to all gun web sites.
    They then said to me,dad, cancel them out, we go else where. Lee

9. 1ozreloader

1ozreloader TS Member

People still use AOL?

10. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Those 'registered' gun owners must be real bad guys. Obviously much more detrimental on home values than something like the state of the economy.

11. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Unless they've changed their practices, getting rid of them isn't easy. When we got our first Internet-ready computer a long time ago, it came with AOL pre-installed and against my wishes, my wife activated an account for our son.

As you know, you don't pay your bill with AOL, they take it from you every month via a credit card they keep on file. When I tried canceling the account, they kept coming up with all kinds of reasons why trying they couldn't comply with my request. Long story short, I had to cancel that credit card to get rid of them.

Funny twist on logic - when I asked the AOL person with whom I spoke one of the many times I called why they didn't send their clients and invoice to pay each month, she said, "If we sent every one of our subscribers a paper invoice, we would have to cut down a forest of trees every month." When I reminded her that every one of those subscribers has email and could receive an invoice electronically, the line went silent. Apparently she fed me a corporate line that did not include a response to that reasoning.

When I buy a new computer, the first thing I do is download the anti-virus program I prefer. The second thing I do is delete every file with "AOL" in it.

Ed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.