1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyway to convert a Perazzi trigger to ext. adj?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by claybrdr, Apr 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

Anyone in the world capable of converting a standard MX8 pull-pull trigger to a externally adjustable model? My trigger guard and floor plate are heavily engraved as part of an overall pattern so I can't replace it with a replacement adjustable trigger group. I miss the adjustable feature that I had in my old MX2000 and on my current K-80 and may part out this engraved receiver/FE iron if necessary to get that feature again. Don't want to but will if I have to.

2. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

3. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

You can convert it to internally adjustable. Marcello sells an internally adjustable tree that allows you to select which barrel fires first.

4. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

There would be much machining involved, and then you'd need the sliding piece, and internal items.

I have the Internal Selective parts.

Whiz

5. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

No. The trigger housing and trigger guard are different. Convert it to internal selectable is easier.

6. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

Taking the trigger out and changing barrels would be about as much hassle as changing choke tubes. Up to now I've just put the same chokes in both barrels and never changed them. Playing with the K80 I just bought has me occasionally changing barrels just because I can and I'm reluctant to shoot some in-my-face rabbit with I Mod.

It just seemed to me that someone would be capable of milling a slot in the bottom of the trigger housing and putting in the externally adjustable parts. I can't fathom why this would be impossible.

7. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

Any internally selectable trigger group can be removed and re-selected before you can reach in your pocket and bring out a choke tube wrench.

8. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Why can't removal of the present trigger be done, and have it grooved just like an adjustable trigger, purchase a Trigger and have the groove to accept
    new trigger, and drill detents to loct set screw in place?

Why not call Giaccomo mand ask him if he can do it, if anybody can he can.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.