1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anything Wrong In This Picture?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by MTA Tom, Jan 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

From Detroit News 1-27-10 article "Sheriff, clergy offer gun locks".

Kinda ironic from a safety standpoint....

2. SF SGM

SF SGM Member

Nothing if you enjoy being gut shot!

3. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

Is it a gun shot or a fast way to get castration? If thats the case he just improved the gene pool.

4. Jim Thompson

Jim Thompson Member

It's part of the new heath care plan. A do it yourself vasectomy. It will make both of your pistols safe!

Jim

5. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

I'd put new grips on that 226. Wayne

6. Big Az Al

Big Az Al Well-Known Member

Well What we can't see in the photo is the audience,

so just guessing, that they are circled around watching,

and he is trying to be safe,

hopefully he checked that it is unloaded,

he pointed it at himself rather then a bystander.

Reminds me of the way I learned to shoot a pistol left handed, comfortable pointing at the bosses office but not out the window towards the street.

AL

7. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

Oh don't worry, that gun is not loaded.

8. geneleroy

geneleroy TS Member

I'm just a stupid old man, but what's the purpose of the gun lock? If the gun is in the safe no one can get to it! If the gun is unloaded it wont shoot! If you are handling a gun and don't know if it's loaded or not, you are stupid! If you load the gun I assume it's for the purpose of using it but a lock precludes this from happening so why load it? I have a lock that was provided with a hand gun I purchased. I've found that in an emergency I am able to load the gun in much less time than it takes to locate the key and remove the lock from a loaded gun! When 'packin' does anyone use a lock on their 'carry' weapon? If you have a gun in your night stand for home protection do you have a lock on? and if you do where do you 'hide' the key? I could probably go on and on but the 'boss' just said breakfast was ready!

9. KRK32

KRK32 Member

I got a good one a while back me and my buddy just got my new scope mounted i live in the middle of town so were inside looking down the block seeing how better the optics are. Well as bad luck will have it the sheriff comes to the stop sign in front of my house looks over and sees us messing around with a rifle looking out the window. If we dint have a fifth of crown almost gone we wouldnt have been able to talk our way out that one like we did. Kirk

10. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Stupid is as stupid does and they enforce the stupid rules

11. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

The person handling the gun, has broke the first rule of firearm handling safty.

"Keep the muzzle pointed in a safe derection at ALL times"

Second: no mention of reading the disclaimer before he started putting the dumb thing on!

I guess the hippie generation that now is in charge has forgotten one of the theme songs, "teach your children well"

Gun locks are for the febble minded, Poor excuse for not teaching and practicing proper firearm handling!

BUT I keep forgetting, we are in 26th place world wide in teaching our children

12. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Gun proof the child, not child proof the gun. Every young kid that comes to my home sits in front of the tv for 7 minutes and watches Eddy the Eagle.

My kids are now teenagers, it still doesn't matter, when I have friends over with little kids.

Jerbear

13. TrapDoggie

TrapDoggie TS Member

Eddy the Eagle YouTube

14. Anchorsteam

Anchorsteam TS Member

...if the 'toe thing' was unsafe, ATA would ban it.

15. itsnotyou

itsnotyou Member

Why would resting the barrel on your toe be unsafe, the only way it would be unsafe is if you closed the action will a live shell in it. In that case the Darwin Theory takes over, and you can't fix STUPID

16. ccw1911

ccw1911 Member

I'm been busy with all kinds of problems and unfortunately haven't been able to get on the computer, but just had a quick chance to read ts.com and saw this. I think what MTA Tom is referring to is that the gun locks are meant to go on UNLOADED guns. In fact all the locks I've seen state this emphatically. So how would a gun lock on an UNLOADED gun save anyone's life? I guess some felon breaking into your house it would.

17. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

"Why would resting the barrel on your toe be unsafe..."

Falls under the category of "don't point your gun at anything you don't want to shoot."

Aslo sets a bad example for young shooters. They see dad or grandpa doing it, and think its OK for them to do it with their 391 or 1100, and forget to take it off their foot and close the action on a live shell...with a broken firing pin? Its happened.

At our club years back, a guy with a break action gun blew the end of his foot off. Oops.

You can do whatever you want. I just think its unsafe gun handling.

The magnetic gun rest pads work great.

18. itsnotyou

itsnotyou Member

Darwin Theory takes over, and you can't fix STUPID

19. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

I put my barrel on my toe. I have a brake open gun and its not a problem. If I had a pump, auto then there is a problem. I have never seen a shooter close a brake open gun while the barrel was on their toe.

20. markdenis

markdenis TS Member

The only thing I see wrong and stupid in the picture is some idiot putting a trigger lock on a gun.

I believe if you own a gun and have to put a trigger lock on a gun to keep a child from shooting someone, you don't need to own a gun in the first place.

Mark Rounds

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.