1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anything new

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by miketmx, Jul 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

I dunno, I could be in the Optometrist chair for over an hour and still not get a satisfactory prescription for my floater obscured aging eyes. Many eye docs use the expensive computer type machine that measures the exact curvature of your eyeball and is supposed to give an accurate prescription while some optometrists say this gives them a starting point and they have to 'fine tune' from there. My Ophthalmologist does not have time to do routine exams for eyeglass prescriptions and that is OK with me too.

2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

I'm in the same boat. I went to my regular eye dr this past winter. Wasn't happy with my vision. Went through my eye exam and was told my vision hadn't changed. Wasn't satisfied, so I went to another. That one moved me -.25 in my left eye, and -.75 in my right, which are pretty dramatic changes esp considering my other dr told me that my vision was the same. My vision is better now, but I still don't think it is as good as it was a couple years ago.

A wavefront eye exam is what you want for the best vision, but it probably isn't going to be cheap, and isn't going to be easy to find (the closest one I could find at the time would have been a 3hr drive to Toronto, but I didn't research it as thoroughly as I could have). It's what they use to determine the correction you need before you have lasik correction. And they don't use "better A or B" when you go for lasik.

The "expensive computer type machine" that Mike refers to is called an "auto refract". My 2nd dr has this. They put me through that, and then through the "better A or B" routine. I believe the auto refract machine is similar technology to the wavefront, but not as advanced, thus the need to still go through "better A or B".

3. maltzahn

maltzahn Active Member

Yes....the new ZERO gas AR coating.

Zero glare
    Zero smudges
    Zero dust
    Zero scratches
    Zero worries

RB tech...Protects from UV & HAV rays, coating on both sides of the lenses, inside for reflected UV

Oleophonic treatment, lens surface repels water, dust, dirt,and oil.

Courage coat, hardest surface coating on the market, the best scratch and abrasion resistance. For all lens materials.

My lab has gone from the ZiessAR gas to the ZERO.

Maltz

4. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

Steve, what are your thoughts about being tested at a distance greater than 20 feet for shooting glasses ?

5. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

Maltzie,

Who, where is this lab you speak of? Do they do all 4 you mentioned?

Contact number please...

milt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.