1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyplace selling trapguns in Charlotte, NC area?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by harleypilot, Jan 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. harleypilot

harleypilot Member

I moved to Rock Hill, SC lately and am looking for a gun store in the area that might sell used trap guns.

Does anyone know of any between Charlotte, NC to Columbia, SC?

Thanks, Jim

2. shaggist

shaggist Member

There are 2 good possibilities, depending on what you are seeking. Hyatt's Gun Shop on West Independence and Carolina Sporting Arms on South Boulevard. Both are in Charlotte, and have good inventories of all types of guns. If they don't have what you want, they can order it for you.
    With you being in SC and the stores in NC, you will need to find a FFl holder in Rock Hill, so that they can receive the gun for you when it is shipped to SC from NC (a distance of about 30 miles).

Jack

3. burtona

burtona Member

I think a SC resident can buy a long gun in NC without going through another FFL holder. As I understand only pistols require an in-state FFL to transfer due to the requirement for a separate pistol permit from a law enforcement agency before purchase. I live in NC and routinly buy long guns from a SC gun shop.

4. harleypilot

harleypilot Member

Thank you for the information. I will check with both stores, and I am pretty sure you can buy long guns out of state.

Jim

5. Ron Burdick

Ron Burdick Active Member

harleypilot,

Before you just go and buy a trap gun, you should check out Bob Schultz.

He is in NC. Great guy to deal with,

WWW.targetshotguns.com

Ron Burdick

6. APrice

APrice Active Member

+1 on Bob Schultz.

Philip Futrell at Mid South Guns in Wagram NC has a huge selection of shotguns which usually includes a few skeet & trap guns. 910-369-2370

7. joe90t

joe90t Active Member

Bob Schultz For Sure. Honest-Good Prices- Stands Behind His Sales. Nuff Said. Joe W.

8. Bill Bauer

Bill Bauer TS Member

While I have never purchased a gun from Bob Schultz I have conducted business with him over the past 10 yrs. You can take his word to the bank.
    Bill

9. WNCRob

WNCRob Member

Ditto on Bob Schultz...about 1 hr 45 mins hrs drive from my home in south Charlotte. Very easy to find...He is a trapshooting expert and specializes in trap guns (Bob Schultz Target Shotguns on the web)...call before going as he may be attending a shoot, for example the Southern Grand next week. Also, come out to the Charlotte Rifle & Pistol Club on the weekend. Depending upon what you are looking for, someone may be able to point you in the right direction. And if you're into sporting clays, you DEFINITELY need to check out Rocky Creek, MM 55 on I-77 south.

WNCRob

10. Crickets

Crickets Member

I live in Union county. Nichols Store in Rockhill off of I77 exit 74, gets some pretty nice guns at very fair prices, and they are very very hepful. I've been in Mid South Guns in Wagram many time definitely worth the drive, Wall to Wall choices, but bring your bib because you'll be slobbering all over the place. Have your money ready cause you'll want to buy something, and from what I can tell, pretty fair prices. All i can say is make the drive! Heard good things about Target Shotguns too.

11. crewswalden

crewswalden Member

I live in Charlotte, and this past weekend I went in Nichols Store which is very near you. They had a very nice looking used SKB trap O/U for sale. Fully adjustable stock, nice wood, looked to be in excellent shape. I think the sticker was $1500. I didn't actually mess with the gun, since I'm not in the market. But it caught my eye.

12. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

Another vote for Bob Schultz. If he doesn't have it in stock, he can sure track it down for you.

Good luck,
    Dave

13. Jim Bradbury

Jim Bradbury Member

I am from the Seattle Area and just bought a new trap gun from Bob Schultz. I would definately recommend him. Now if the darn snow and ice will go away so the gun clubs can open up so I can shoot my new trap gun.

Jim Bradbury

14. harleypilot

harleypilot Member

Thank you all for the input. I will definately look into all of your suggestions.

I was in Nichols store and they had no trap guns so they probably sold it.

I will be looking at one tomorrow that a gentleman contacted me about when he saw my post, and it sounds like it will work out.

Thanks again for all of your responses.

Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.