1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone WTB a Model 12 Trigger Assembly Tool?

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by Porcupine, Sep 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Porcupine

Porcupine Active Member

0   0   0

A short while back, I posted a thread here looking to buy a Model 12 'Trigger Assembly Tool' (see image). I struck out here, I struck out on the web and I struck out at Brownells. I really want one, so I bought the fabrication instructions online and will give them to a machinist I know so that he can make me a Model 12 'Trigger Assembly Tool', a duplicate of what was used at the Winchester factories.

If anyone else is interested in one as well, I can ask my machinist to make as many as needed. The more he makes, the less they'll cost each. Brownells sold them for $19.99 plus shipping. I figure $20 each including shipping costs should take care of both the machinist and the shipping.

All I need right now is a head count of how many are interested (if any). If you are please send me a PM. Thanks.

LA in MA

[​IMG]

2. Skrap Shooter

Skrap Shooter TS Member

0   0   0

I'll take one.

3. Trapshooter

Trapshooter Well-Known Member

0   0   0

4. Bill Hom

Bill Hom TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

You have a PM from me. I want one also. Will it come with instructions? Bill Hom

5. gvsteveMD

gvsteveMD TS Member

0   0   0

I'll take one

6. Coyote 270

Coyote 270 Member

0   0   0

I would like one also..........

7. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

0   0   0

I didn't know machine work was this cheap anymore , but I'll take one.

Regards....Gerald

8. Tom@eel

Tom@eel Member

0   0   0

OK.....I'll take one.
    Tom

9. MD12SHOOTER

MD12SHOOTER Member

0   0   0

I"ll take one. Ray

10. oldgahchamp

oldgahchamp Active Member

0   0   0

I'll take one also. Haven't needed one yet, but hey, you never know. How about your address to send money. Larry Evans

11. SX12

SX12 Member

0   0   0

I'll take one, too.
    Lee Searle

12. Porcupine

Porcupine Active Member

0   0   0

Greetings to all Model 12 friends who have expressed an interest in a Model 12 Trigger Assembly Tool. I am still in discussions with the machinist and do not need any money yet. I think it best to have the machinist make one prototype first and inspect/test that one before proceeding with the mass manufacturing. I will keep everyone apprised of progress made either with this thread or new threads. Thanks, and may your action slide lock springs never break (one of mine did)!

LA in MA

13. kansas pete

kansas pete TS Member

0   0   0

Please put me on the list.
    Pete

14. Porcupine

Porcupine Active Member

0   0   0

Greetings to all,

The job went out to bid and I plan to have a single prototype made just to validate the design plans I purchased off the web. Only then will I go ahead and have fabricated the entire batch. I will keep everyone posted, including when to send payment. Many thanks.

LA in MA

15. lbshootin

lbshootin Active Member

0   0   0

I will take one as well....Good Luck !..LarryB

16. Porcupine

Porcupine Active Member

0   0   0

Greetings to all,

The prototype is almost finished (it needs only the pin, on the left end). The design measurements I bought on the Web are good to go. The manufacturing is proceeding, and I will keep everyone informed. Should be soon.

By the way, the prototype shown here is my own hand-made product (hack-saw, hand files, etc). Those that I'll be providing to ts.com-ers will be made by a master machinist in a real machine shop, and I'm sure will look nicer than the one I'm making for myself.

LA in MA

[​IMG]

17. Porcupine

Porcupine Active Member

0   0   0

Greetings and Happy Thanksgiving,

I've been informed that the Model 12 trigger Assemby tools are nearing completion. I will be given a sample tool on Friday which I will scan and post here for everyone's scrutiny. Of course, I will subject it to the acid test with a Model 12 trigger group to make sure that it works. The cost of production was a tad higher than expected, so the asking price will be $25, including USPS Priority Mail shipping, instead of $20. Sorry. Anyone who wants one can send a check payable to MASPENOCK ROD AND GUN CLUB, c/o LAJ, 305 Purchase Street, Milford, MA 01757-3805. A postal money order will allow for immediate shipment; a personal check will have to clear. Sorry again. Please include ship-to address as well as an email address, as all receipts and subsequent shipments will be acknowledged via email. If I have neglected anything, please let me know. Thank you for your patience. This tool would make a great Christmas gift!

LA in MA

LA Jones
    Milford, MA
    email: 50str8@comcast.net

18. Porcupine

Porcupine Active Member

0   0   0

Greetings,

The Model 12 Trigger Assembly Tools have been completed by a professional machinist and they are beautiful! See the photo below. I have also tested them and will vouch that they meet the specfications of the Winchester factory originals. The price is $25, which includes USPS Priority Mail shipping. Anyone who wants one can send a check payable to MASPENOCK ROD AND GUN CLUB, c/o LAJ, 305 Purchase Street, Milford, MA 01757-3805. A postal money order will allow for immediate shipment; a personal check will have to clear. Please include ship-to address as well as an email address, as all receipts and subsequent shipments will be acknowledged via email. A copy of the original Winchester factory instructions will be included. Let me know of any questions. Thanks.

LA in MA email: 50str8@comcast.net

[​IMG]

ps. The photo lost some resolution because of magnification, and does not do the final product justice!

19. TjayE

TjayE Member

0   0   0

up for Mod 12 trigger assembly tool. Tom

20. lbshootin

lbshootin Active Member

0   0   0

My MO will be in da mail on Monday, flying back to California tonight from a VERY successsful whitetail hunt in South Texas.....YeHaw....LarryB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.