1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone Who Shoots A Kemmerly Release Trigger!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Greenlight, Sep 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Greenlight

Greenlight TS Member

I am thinking about purchasing a Kemmerly release trigger for my DT10.

I would like to hear from other shooters who have shot with a Kemmerly release trigger and find out what your opinion of the trigger is. Good, bad or otherwise I'd like to hear what your experience with the trigger has been like.

If there is another manufacturer who produces a release trigger for the DT10 I'd like to hear about them as well. I have spoken with a representative from Spears and Allem's however they do not make a trigger for the DT10.

Thanks for your time.

Duane

2. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

I would contact Phil Crenwelge who is the best triggersmith that I know of and I believe he can do the job. Phone (210) 313-5988

3. AZ

AZ Member

crap!crap!and more crap!!

4. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Kemmerley is the worst person to send a gun to for a release.
    Phil makes a great DT-10 release, mine was the first one he ever made and that was when the DT-10 first came out.

Dr.longshot

5. 8708

8708 Member

I had Phil do a release for my DT. Great work and very easy to deal with. You will have to send him the receiver as he will need to remove some from the upper tang to make room for the hooks. I can't tell you how happy I am with his work. Call Phil at the number above and don't look back.

Shootlow, I also called Spears, he respectfully declined to do it as he was not happy with the results he had been getting. I respect that, but I don't think he will do them anymore.

6. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Listen to the above. The man is an absolute hatchet man on triggers. He replaced a P hammer for me and it cost me an additional $250 to fix his work. He is a joke among trigger mechanics. To bad there isn't a way to keep him from advertising in gun magazines.

Don

7. A201

A201 TS Member

STAY AWAY from Kimmerly with a DT-10 or even a Daisy Red Ryder, The Hunnting trigger is good, got one I'll trade, But saying that, Phillips gunsmithing out of Texas is very good. Had a Spear, he no longer does them for good reason. His design is absolutely the worst I ever used, he was paid good money and did not ever make my trigger work after several tries. Finally had him take his mods out and he returned half the fee, his satisfaction guarantee is worthless. Roger.

8. kgunner

kgunner TS Member

Avoid Kemmerly at all costs!!! He is an absolute butcher. Sent him a 425 Browning once. He claims quick turnaround but had to call him 3 times to get the gun back a month or more later. Then, the bottom barrel pulled through and the top barrel would not fire at all. When I took the stock off the release pin for the to barrel fell on the floor! On top of that he goughed so much wood out of the stock that I was afraid that it would split at any time. A friend of mine had a BT-100 done and it looked like something out of bad dream and didn't work either. He should be banned from even having an advertisement in the shooting magazines. Stay away from him!!

9. kgunner

kgunner TS Member

Avoid Kemmerly at all costs!!! He is an absolute butcher. Sent him a 425 Browning once. He claims quick turnaround but had to call him 3 times to get the gun back a month or more later. Then, the bottom barrel pulled through and the top barrel would not fire at all. When I took the stock off the release pin for the to barrel fell on the floor! On top of that he goughed so much wood out of the stock that I was afraid that it would split at any time. A friend of mine had a BT-100 done and it looked like something out of bad dream and didn't work either. He should be banned from even having an advertisement in the shooting magazines. Stay away from him!!

10. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Johnny Allem put a release in my wife's Beretta 2 years ago. It has never been a problem and she likes it.

Curt - Delaware

11. bgf

bgf Active Member

I concur...not Kemmerly. Go to Philip's Smithing, Roman, Allem, etc. Lots of good smiths out there doing good work on releases. I am partial to Roman's release but some like to here the "click" when setting. Roman's is his own design with no metal rubbing "click" sound. JMO.

Bernie

12. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

I have a beretta and Phillip done my double releases and I am tickled with them if you was to go with Phillip's then I was told that Phillip might be working from another place right now for a few months so best to call his phone number because im sire the shipping address would be different.

I have heard a lot of not so good story's on the kemmerly triggers also I guess sometimes fancy Ad's might mislead people on thinking the quality of the work must be as good as the Ad says.

Foggy

13. Greenlight

Greenlight TS Member

Thanks to everyone who took the time to responded to my posting. I appreciate your input and advice.

I did give Phillip Crenwelge a call. He happens to be in Lake Geneva Wisconsin, about 50 miles away from where I live!

Guess who's putting a double release trigger in my DT10 as I'm writting this!

Thank's again everyone, I can't tell you enough how much I appreciate your help.

Duane

14. shadow

shadow Active Member

I shoot a Romans release and am more than well pleased with it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

kimmerly dt-10 release

merle kemmerly release trigger dt-10