1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

anyone went from krieghoff to kolar

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by sean justice, Jun 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sean justice

sean justice TS Member

looking at an elite grade, not gold, just like to here some views, has 30'' ou bbls would like 32'' is there any out there, how about likes and dislikes about kolar..

2. sean justice

sean justice TS Member

is that a no?

3. Kolar Dan

Kolar Dan Member

I know people who have gone both ways. Some were happy with the change- sime were not. Kolars are very simple. You can disassemble the entire gun and reassemble it yourself(even the trigger group). Their factory service is second to none if you need it. Both are built like a tank and very reliable. Choose the one that fits your style.
    Sonny Daniels

4. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

I shot all the top brand guns some years back at the Grand. At that time, I preferred the feel of the Kolar over any of the others. I own a Model-32 Krieghoff, which I never shot much, as I preferred my Beretta.

When I shot the different guns at the Grand I was extremely impressed with how the Kolar guys bent over back-wards to make my Kolar experience a positive thing. The rest of the manufacturers could seem to care less that I was there. It was almost as if I was too much trouble.

After many years saving for my Kolar, I was finally able to buy a used one. Some rotten pr%#k stole it. My insurance company bought me a new one and I was very impressed again with the service that I received from the Kolar family.

I love shooting my TA/Max and would never consider shooting a different gun. I do prefer the .750 bore over the .740 bore. Bill Malcolm

5. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

My opinion.. for what its worth.. Kolars are EXCELLENT design.. great service.. and for the most part.. to damn heavy.. If they made a titanium receiver....the "NEW" Kolar would be outstanding..and live in the winners circle.. A replacable breech face insert of steel would also be useful and welcomed.. The rest of the gun is basically bulletproof.. I wish the factory would offer a titanium receiver alone..but assembled.. just add your trigger.. wood..forend iron..and barrels and be done.. Later.. add a titanium forend iron..or maybe just start there and work your way back..\
    I have a long standing love affair with the old K-32.. The dynamics of that fine old shooter just can't be beat.. And.. well you know how I feel about Perazzi's.. All Good.. Mike

6. ramorton

ramorton TS Supporters TS Supporters

I did. I went from Perazzi to Kolar to K-80 back to Perazzi. Long trip. Kolar's are excellent guns. Shoot both before you buy. Kolar has many more stock selections than Krieghoff. Krieghoff's attitude is take it like this or see ya. Kolar will give you far and beyond better service. I ordered mine with fixed chokes and would do that again. My suggestion would be to fly up there and let Jeff fit you if their production stocks don't fit. I liked the trigger better on the Krieghoff. I'm left handed so you are out of luck with Krieghoff. Hope this helps, Roy

7. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

Sean,

You have a PM concerning the question of Kolar Elite.

Mike

8. Jon Reitz

Jon Reitz Well-Known Member

PM sent.

9. ramorton

ramorton TS Supporters TS Supporters

I found the weight of the Kolar MaxTA to be in the barrels. Their receiver and forearm iron seem to be weighted properly. In my opinion only, why don't they make 30" barrels in O/U for the Max Ta. Those higher ribs are heavier anyway when installed on .750 barrels. They could make aluminum ribs for the higher ribbed guns and I believe, the balance would be much better. Just my two cents, I sold mine, too heavy. They built two stocks for me, neither one fit. Great Co. good service and excellent people to do business with. I should have gone up there for a fitting. Roy

10. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

every one I ever picked up was way too heavy and way too twisted for my liking...that said ...the guns owners are dealy with them

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

balance of krieghoff vs kolar