1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone watch Top Shot Sunday Night?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by sliverbulletexpress, Aug 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

That was the best show they've had yet, can't wait for the final this weekend. I won't say more to spoil it be it was good with lot's of shooting. I know a lot of you guys think you can shoot better but it was fun to watch. You can watch the complete episode here. I think you'll have to cut and paste but I put it up in the website spot just in case. They have all the older episodes there to watch too.

http://www.history.com/shows/top-shot/videos/playlists/full-episodes#top-shot-the-shortest-fuse

2. W.R.Buchanan

W.R.Buchanan Member

I would be very surprised if JJ doesn't win. He was part of the Army Markmanship team, and can shoot anything.

You'll notice he won the archery competition, he'd never even shot a bow and arrow in his life. But he's got enough experience shooting to be able to apply those fundimentals to the bow.

Plus that he's a proven winner.

I'm going to the Steel Challenge next Friday in Piru CA and expect to see him and all of the other big guys there.

Randy

3. rrrocketman

rrrocketman Member

Randy --JJ was never in the Army so I can't believe they allowed him on the team! I think you must mean K.C. Eusibio, who is still on the team.

Gotta agree, I think JJ wins.

4. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

I was kind of hoping for the kid to win. He did perform under the most pressure by eliminating four other members.

5. Landshark

Landshark Member

I wanted Kelly (the kid) to still be in the hunt. He really stepped up when he needed to.

6. sliverbulletexpress

The Army Marksmanship Unit has got big into competitive pistol shooting. They always have with other disciplines but in the past few years they have sought out top shooters and given them sweetheart deals to join up and go into the AMU program. It's not a completely cushy deal for them, they are still soldiers but spend most of their time at AMU. JJ was with Homeland Security before joining the Army and is stationed in South Korea according to his bio.

7. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

I watched it just long enough to laugh. I'll bet that they weren't using military surplus ammo in that Mossin Nagant. You can't get those guns to group the size of a pie plate at 50 yards, let alone hitting something 125 yards.

ss

8. team henges

team henges TS Member

I was really hoping kelly would win before this week but now i hope JJ wins. I am still wondering how blake didnt eliminate kelly in the pistol challenge.

9. snglfoot

snglfoot Member

Randy,,is the "Steel Challenge" (in Piru) this Fri (13th) or the 20th?
    Norman

10. sliverbulletexpress

I respected Blake for taking his loss like a man. He knew he wanked the trigger and admitted, also said he was going home to practice until he never gets one out of the 10 ring!

At first I thought it would be an advantage for Blake for Kelly to go first, but Kelly screwed that idea up by making a terrific shot. That put a lot of pressure on Blake, it would have taken a nearly perfect shot to beat Kelly's.

Next week should be awesome. JJ has the ability but more than that he has the focus and drive, plus he has been in a lot of these kinds of situations.

11. rrrocketman

rrrocketman Member

SBE -- where did you see JJ's bio that has him in the Army? He last shot a USPSA match in N.J. on 27 June, must've been before he left for Korea? Wonder why he never went into the AMU? You'd think they'd be beggin' him to be in that unit.

12. W.R.Buchanan

W.R.Buchanan Member

snglfoot: it is the 19-22 Aug. So next Thurs-Sunday. I'm going friday because I need a chance to talk to Tarren Butler about a new trianing pistol he is distributing. It is called the SIRT training pistol and appears to be the best training device anyone has ever come up with for repetitive pistol shooting.

You pistol guys check this thing out at http/sirtpistol.com

I wish somebody had something like this for trap guns.

Randy

13. snglfoot

snglfoot Member

Randy,,I may see you there, tho I know nothing about this type of shooting. I have had a gun in my hand/s since I was 7 yrs old, and still have not mastered any of it. Currently it is TRAP. If you see someone there wearing shorts and with one leg (singlefoot(,,it'll probly be me. Friday is the day.
    Norman

14. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

I was very sad to see Kelley go! He has definitely got a lot of talent, and I loved seeing him shoot clays. But now I'm going for Pete. He seems like a stand-up guy and I definitely think he's got what it takes. I did not like the challenge where Kelley got eliminated. Too much of that challenge was based on things other than shooting as just about everyone hit all the targets on their first shot. Hope there isn't another fluke next week.
    -Trappy

15. Kyle Spieles

Kyle Spieles Member

I think the show is very good and I really enjoy watching it however it does give me some crazy ideas....two weeks ago I tried hand tossing clays like they did with an xtrema 2 and now I'm hooked, and last week I was researching on the web about throwing knives :) What am I doing??? lol

16. W.R.Buchanan

W.R.Buchanan Member

Norm: I'll keep an eye out for you. I'll be the plump one in shorts! It's alwasy good to put a face on top of a name, kind of makes posting a little more friendly.

Randy

17. Remington STS

Remington STS TS Member

Wish it wasn't so reality like.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.