1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ANYONE USING WIN SUPER HC POWDER

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Andy44, Mar 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andy44

Andy44 Active Member

Win Super H-cap is dirtier than GreenDot, more so at lower pressures. What is wrong with 19.5 gr of GreenDot? Dirty? Don't clean your gun after a day's use? If you really want CLEAN, try Alliant E3. ;-)

BTW - Low pressure and cleanliness don't really go together.

AndyH

2. Michael Jobe

Michael Jobe TS Member

I've tried a 1200 fps 1 1/8 oz load with Super Handicap just once. Barrel looked like I was shooting black powder, and the gas cylinder of my 391 was covered with an oily looking film. Super Handicap is good for one thing.... 1 1/8 oz at 1250 fps, or 1 oz at 1290 fps.

Green Dot isn't going to leave the barrel looing like Clays or e3, but it isn't dirty. Find a recipe between 9000 and 10,000 psi and you should be happy.

~Michael

3. perga1

perga1 Active Member

Try American Select. You load about the same grs. as Green Dot but it is very clean @ 1-1/8 ounce loads @ 1200fps or above. Actually the load I use chronos at 1180+- and is very clean. It patterns very evenly in my Pgun and Cole. You get to stay with the same MFG,. made in U.S.A. and same price as GD.JRM

P.S.I drop 19.6 grs., 12S3 clone, GM hull, Federal 209A/Rio/Fiocchi primer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

win super handicap verses alliant green dot