1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone using the rocker recoil pad?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dale58, Apr 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dale58

dale58 Well-Known Member

I'm thinking about trying one by kick-eez. Any opinions on them would be appreciated. thanks, Dale

2. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

Yep, and I LOVE it! Everyone's shoulder is sculpted differently. If you are getting hot spots from the toe or the heel of your current pad, then the Rocker might be right for you.

I took a die grinder to my existing Kick Eez and ground the toe and heel between shooting sessions. Eventually I got it to the point where there were no more hotspots. When I finally needed a new pad I had DeVault install Rockers on my guns and they are perfect! My custom ground pads have the exact same shape as a stock Rocker.

3. SMOKEIT

SMOKEIT Well-Known Member

I hate them..never know where the gun is mounted..Prefer pigeon face concave pad...SMOKIT

4. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Love them.. can always feel where the gun is mounted...

5. luvtrapguns

luvtrapguns Well-Known Member

Great pad for pitch correction and comfortable to shoot. I also have a hard time getting a consistant mount with the rocker pad. I went with the Kick Eez MODIFIED TRAP PAD and have found nothing I like any better. Locks in the pocket well and mounts are consistant. I have them on three or four guns and would not switch to anything else unless the stock pitch is corrected by cutting to the correct angle first, then I would use a straight trap pad. Marc

6. 3357

3357 Member

I like them a lot.

7. g7777777

g7777777 Active Member

You cant tell where the gun is mounted

If targets are rising- your gun mount might change

It just isnt a stable platform

Regards from Iowa

Gene

8. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

Like I said "Everyone's shoulder is sculpted differently." Recoil pads are just like the color of lense in your shooting glasses. You have to figure out what works best for YOU.

9. dale58

dale58 Well-Known Member

I have an all purpose flat Kick-eez pad now and get a bite from the toe of the pad. So I thought the rocker might solve the problem. Dale

10. sbhced

sbhced Member

A clinician suggested one for my daughter. She is tall and lean with a well defined pocket and none of the natural padding most of us have. It requires an extra effort to mount the gun consistantly. She has completed her SCTP career and I have tried to shoot her gun, 11-87 Premier Trap, with the rocker pad but did not like for pre-mounted gun. I am going to try it on an old SxS in shoot in club sporting clays match.
    Ed

11. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

I am another shooter that is very happy with the KICK-EEZ Modified Trap Pad. I was not able to find the consistent sweet spot when I had a Gooey Pad on my gun.

12. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

I like it, never have to worry about pitch.

stevew_2008_0303223.jpg

13. OldGoat

OldGoat Well-Known Member

Boxers or briefs?....Rocker pads work for me for sporting clays - regular trap pad on my unsingle. Gotta be flexible. Regards, Ed

14. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

I'm going to install one on my Browning ST-100 doubles and lengthen the LOP while I'm recovering from knee surgery over the next few months...might stop the gun from kicking the crap outa my face. Been gonna do it for a couple years. Nowz the time.

15. K.80

K.80 TS Member

Try the Trapdude pads they are the best for me.

16. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

I did both of my guns just to change the pitch. It worked for me but csn imagine it being aproblem for others.

17. archangel

archangel Member

Have it on my bt-99 and my citori xt- love it on those guns as the stock pads poked me in the chest area . But use the stock pads on the 391, 1100 and 870tc with no problem. mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

rocker recoil pad