1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

??Anyone Using Federal 12S-1 Wads Anymore??

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Ed Y, Dec 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

I just came across an almost full case of the old Federal 12S-1 wads. Is there anyone around here still using them. If so they can have them for free. You'll have to pick them up at my home or at one of the clubs that I shoot at. I don't deliver and I don't think that it would pay to ship them. If no one wants them, I'll just use them for packing, the next time I ship a gun. If you're interested, email me.

Ed Yanchok

2. FarmerD

FarmerD TS Member

ED Y, You have mail Thanks Richard

3. Ed Y

Five replies but Richard was first. Sorry.

PS These are NOT the 12C-1 but are 12S-1 which were made for the old Federal Champion 11.

Ed Yanchok

4. FarmerD

FarmerD TS Member

I like strange sounding loads, especially if they crunch targets. LOL Richard

5. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

The Champ II was a AA style case, the wads are too small diameter for Gold medal or Top Gun cases. they might work in AA or STS cases. I loaded a lot of Champ II with Rem and AA components.

HM

6. Ed Y

The instructions, packed with them, says that they work with Federal paper hulls as well as their old Champion lls.

Ed Yanchok

7. FarmerD

FarmerD TS Member

Back in the late 70's when the Champion II came out they also put out the "pushin cushion" (12S1). The 12C1 caused to high of pressures in the Champion II hull. I loaded several thousand of them in AA hulls and they worked great.

As far as age goes, doesn't matter if kept out of direct sun. I am loading 29930 Remington wads (RXP) that I purchased in the mid 70's along with some Win AA wads purchased at the same time. I haven't had any bloopers even though I use those horrible F616 primers (AL220).

I'm just thankful that Ed is willing to ship to me. Thanks again Ed and good shooting to you. Richard

8. FarmerD

FarmerD TS Member

Back in the late 70's when the Champion II came out they also put out the "pushin cushion" (12S1). The 12C1 caused to high of pressures in the Champion II hull. I loaded several thousand of them in AA hulls and they worked great.

As far as age goes, doesn't matter if kept out of direct sun. I am loading 29930 Remington wads (RXP) that I purchased in the mid 70's along with some Win AA wads purchased at the same time. I haven't had any bloopers even though I use those horrible F616 primers (AL220).

I'm just thankful that Ed is willing to ship to me. Thanks again Ed and good shooting to you. Richard

9. Ed Y

They'll be on their way Monday afternoon.

Ed Yanchok

10. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Ed, if you were any kinda guy you would include the 5,000 12C1 bases I know you have hidden somewhere in your storage depot!!

11. Ed Y

25,000 is more like it Andy. I got them from Pat G. the day that I heard production was discontinued.

Ed Yanchok

12. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Ed, I'm sure Ottoman could use all of them while he's developing his new-never miss Live Pigeon load!!

13. Ed Y

I didn't know that he was working on one. I think that I might have some 1.25 oz. wads that he might be able to use. He usually goes to Bucks on Tuesdays so I'll probably see him there tomorrow.

Ed Yanchok

14. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

I've been using my last supply of the two-piece 12C1 wads.

Boy, I'd love nothing more than to get my hands on more of these to finish up reloading all my Federal papers.

A while back I shipped my last supply to a TS.COM shooter, but recently uncovered a ton of once-fired paper hulls. Luckily, Sam Ogle of the Lincoln NE trap club gave me about a case of what he had left. I did not accept them for nothing, but I am about out now.

If anyone has some, email me.

Thanks and Happy Holidays.

Whiz White

15. gcbluerock

gcbluerock Member

I have 12 cases of 12C1 wads for sale $120 each e-mail me at XXXgcbluerock@cox.netXXX without the XXX's

16. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

17. gcbluerock

gcbluerock Member

18. gcbluerock

gcbluerock Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.