1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone using E.A.R. hearing protection??????

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Longhorn, Jul 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Longhorn

Longhorn Member

I'm looking for some digital hearing protection. Several shooters have recommended E.A.R. Inc.units but they are quite expensive. If you use them let me know your reaction to them and where did you get them. Do you have any recommendations on other digital units you are using?
    I've got to protect what little hearing I have left.

2. TC

TC TS Member

If you want to protect "what little you have left." Wear a set of foam 33 db plugs under a set of low profile 20+ db muffs. Electronic units offer very little "protection", they basically shut off the amplification at a given threshold. Been through this a long time ago when I didn't know any better!

3. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

I agree with tc. foam plugs all the time at the gun club or loud noises and the EAR 1000 muffs when shooting. they are about 10-12 dollars a pair at fastenal. motordoc

4. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

I have a pair of the EAR digital plugs. Don't bother. They work loose as I shoot, batteries are a pain, lose one and your screwed, and you have to keep them clean so they work properly. Not worth it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.