1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone Using Ballistic Prd Z21 Trap Commander Wad?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by skarloey, Apr 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skarloey

skarloey TS Member

Anybody have any experience with the Z21 Trap Commander wad from Ballistic Products or, for that matter, any comments on other specialty wads and products from those folks?

2. Stu Pidash

Stu Pidash TS Member

It aint the wad its the shooter.

3. Bob_K

Bob_K Well-Known Member

I can't afford their wads.

4. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

You can only get one length from Ballistic Products. You can get several lengths from Precision Reloading. IMO it is the best 1oz and 1 1/8oz (different lengths) wad series I have tried for Fiocchi 7mm basewad hulls. I've also used them in GM hulls. That being said, they are expensive, so I don't buy them. I'm more than happy with the performance I get using TGT-12, Fig-8 and 12S0 wads in STS and GM hulls for a whole lot less money.

5. Tom Ruble

Tom Ruble TS Member

I've used the BP Z21 wad for a number of years when I'm the 5th or 6th shooter in an Annie/killer event. I use it in the Gold Medal hull, with 1 1/8 oz. hard sixes pushed by Unique or 7625. Expensive? Yes, but I feel it is worth the cost due to the confidence I have in the shells I've loaded with that wad. Is it the best wad for that purpose? I think so, even though I don't have a way to prove it. It works for me and that is all that counts. I don't use it for my call shot or if I am 1st or 2nd backup. I do use it as a 1st or 2nd backup if I am behind a "cowboy" (a cowboy is one who puts a saddle on the target and rides it way, way out). Break 'em all! Tom Ruble

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
bp z21wad
trap commander z71 wads
z21 trap commander

z21 trap commander loads