1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone Using a Pogo Stick for exercise & Fun?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by biff, Nov 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. biff

biff Active Member

I wondered if anyone one on here was already using a Pogo Stick for fun? I saw a couple on Amazon.com that looked like I would be able to use.

One was a Super Pogo 1505 which could support up to 180 pounds and a Flybar 800 which is good at 120 to 210 pounds, this one is around $169.95 and the Superpogo is about $70. Looks like a great way to have fun and exercise at the same time. I can just see me now at Sparta hopping to my Bank with my shotgun slung on my back and my 100 shells in my pocket! Biff

2. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

I have one; it is made by the company that makes the Razor scooter. Not sure if Razor still makes them. Great exercise. I wish I could shoot trap as well as I can pogo. It is an old skill learned 50 years ago, something one never forgets. Go for it!!

3. crusha

crusha TS Member

You'll put your eye out

4. fearlessfain

fearlessfain TS Member

or break a tooth (like my daughter did).

5. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

If you want to get a pogo stick, follow the link.

6. Jimmy E

Jimmy E TS Member

My girlfriend has one but I think it's a little different than the one's you're talking about! ;)
    Jimmy

7. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I must be too tall for a PO-GO stick because I tried one once and kept hitting my head on the ceiling ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

8. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Just be sure that you don't land wrong and get "Popcicled"!

9. otnot

otnot Active Member

Biff I can see it now: All the young shooters will be laughing at that crazy old All American bouncing between houses but also wondering if it might just help their shooting. Happy Thanksgiving and I hope to see you at the Spring Grand.

Jim

10. biff

biff Active Member

jbrooks, orthopedic index? What are you saying? Is there danger in something that looks like this much fun?

WPT, don't be jumping in the house, especially on the bed! I think they are for outside and you do need a helmet(just for looks?) and maybe some elbow and knee pads. Pat, the new technology on some of these sure has put the bounce in these things, now only if auto manufacturers could make those advances!

Jim, I sure would like to venture out to the Spring Grand as it's a great shoot, but I hate flying the way things are and it's one heck of a drive from here.....about 1850 miles! Sounds like you'll be there; sure hope you shoot as good as you did when we shot together and you won the Handicap Championship! Good luck! I've been laughed at before, so I'm a little used to it, also with the Pogo I can give my pushing scooter a break! Look for me......Boing, Boooiiinnnng!

Now if I can drop Snapshot a hint, I might get one for Christmas(I've been pretty good!) or maybe she'll run across one tomorrow on Black Friday! Biffbooiing!!!!

11. Frye

Frye TS Member

I tried it once but couldn't keep from spilling my beer.

12. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

I believe Dolly Pardon had one, but got two black eyes, and promptly sold it.

13. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

Got one for Christmas when I was a kid...never had enough balance to drive the #$%$# thing...and was wise enough to give it away before I did myself some serious damage!

14. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Do they make one in industrial strength? There are some things one does not want to envision.... I believe me on a pogo stick would be high on the list!

Bob Schultz

15. td_ict_ks

td_ict_ks TS Member

Growing up in the late 60's early 70's our neighbor worked at Chance Mfg here in Wichita that makes amusement rides. Looking back at it, us neighbor kids were used as guinea pigs since they needed to test the rides. Anyways, one day he brought home a gasoline powered pogo sitck. It was really unique and operated just like a combustion engine. I don't know if anyone still makes something like this or not.

16. biff

biff Active Member

Bob, I just ordered my Super Pogo 1505 from Amazon.com for $59.98 w/free shipping. This model is good for up to 210 pounds which should last me for a while; they are a good aerobic exercise piece of equipment along with training exercises for fast dropping hard left angle targets! There is a Flybar model 800 good for 200 lbs @ $179.95 and the Flybar 1200 good for up to 250 lbs @ $279.95, on this model you can jump over garbage cans and picnic tables; it is a High Tech model and weighs 20 lbs itself, I'm not sure if I could even lift this model.

I figured the one I bought was equal to the cost of a flat of economy priced shells and hopefully I can have some fun hopping around waiting for warm shooting weather. Pogo sticks were the craze in the 1920's and had a comeback in the 80's. All kinds of records in the Guiness Book of Records have been set with these things. Some guy jumped 177,737 times to set the record on one while another hopped over 24 miles to set a distance record. One record of 12 minutes to hop one mile was also set. I Do Not plan to attack the record books, only hope to get a little exercise and escape back to my childhood! Biff

17. otnot

otnot Active Member

Yea Biff that was quite a day for me but the yardage gained clipped my wings just a bit. LOL If I was still as skinny as you and my knee was still good and my back wasn't messed up I would join you in a little pogoing as I miss being able to act like a kid. My brain says 18 but my body says "Why did you treat me so rough when you where young?" I blame it on packing too many of those 150 lb. moose quarters through the hummocks(politically correct).

18. biff

biff Active Member

td, come to think of it, did that pogo work off the compression to fire the stroke? Seems like I remember something like that now that you mentioned it.

Jim, you ought to bring some of that moose hindquarters to Tucson when you come to the Spring Grand, might be something you could put on a spit and gather a crowd. Sure wish I could make that shoot! In the meantime I think I am going to build a set of Stilts and walk around here some this winter, I used to like doing that in the winter time especially wade the creeks around home with them. I was in a Pawn Shop the other day and saw a pair of elevated walkers that Drywallers use when they mud the ceilings; now those look like a blast! I may not shoot come warm weather, I may not be able with some of these kid related activities!!! Biff

19. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

biff - I don't know where you shoot trap, but most trapshooters are trying to eat their way to heaven. Just thinking about one of them on a pogo stick really tickles me.

20. biff

biff Active Member

td, on E-Bay there are presently 2 of the gasoline powered pogo sticks called Hop Rods--very aptly named I would say. These are considered antiques and very collectible, both of these models are working; one is priced $455 while the other one is around $550+ and out of my budget for a new gadget!

Gary, you are right as there is a saying "Eat your way to AA!" As you have read from some of my earlier posts, I'm trying to stay healthy so I will be around to shoot for a few more years. Come to the Grand next year and I'll let you tak a spin on my Pogo! Biff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
are pogo sticks good to exercise with

which is more fun pogo stick or stilts