1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

anyone used the Harlan Campbell tapes, any good

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by roscoeparker, Feb 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roscoeparker

roscoeparker Member

Has anyone bought and used the Harlan Campbell shooting tapes with the eye cam what did you think of his tapes, where they worth the money, did it help your shooting at all.Thanks

2. crossman

crossman Member

Worth every penny.

3. creek

creek Member

You need to be a two eyed shooter and develop a high hold.
    I am a one eyed shooter and couldn't adapt. Many of the shooters in our club improved with the videos however.

John

4. minnship8

minnship8 Well-Known Member

I liked it and I'm a one eyed shooter who has since developed a high gun hold.

Things he teaches like the forward press to the bird have helped me when I find myself shooting over birds. I shoot a round or two on the practice trap with the forward press and voila, no more shooting over the top.

I like it better than the others I have seen.

Chip

5. Classic Trap

Classic Trap TS Member

I agree with jktphd. The Campbell CDs are excellent. If you shoot a high gun or are considering doing so, I think you will find the information valuable. Having said that, there is much all shooters can gain from these CDs. I do not shoot a "high gun" nor do I shoot a high rib gun but after watching the CDs, the rational for doing so finally makes sence. Much of his approach can be used by any shooter. If shooting a high gun is of interest this will answere a lot of your questions.

6. avodilko

avodilko TS Member

i'm a one eyed shooter an do not agree with all the stuff about holding a hi gun you hold the gun where you look an he shows,tells where to look an how to look,you can get alot out of same if you realy watch the dvd,about ten times or so an the more you watch an listen the more you'll learn to many people think they can watch it an absorb it all,lots of luck to them.i hold the gun higher now then before an shooting better all the time,it willnot happen over nite. not trying to step on anybody toes. andy

7. Griff

Griff TS Member

Hey Bill, I think what you should do is sell me that Seitz.

Griff

8. tv-todd

tv-todd Member

you can sample some of his videos on youtube.

9. JES

JES Member

They are good!! I need to refresh and keep watching them everytime pick something new. I was at the Grand and watched him shoot, looked like the DVD. Jan s

10. shrek

shrek Active Member

The thing to keep in mind is that they are called "Shooting Trap My Way" meaning Harlan's style. As others have mentioned it focuses on the way he does things and only that way. If that is the way you shoot or want to there is likely things you can learn from them.

I have the one on singles and watched it. I do not shoot his style, so I found only a few things helpful for me.

I personally learned a lot more from Phil Kiner's videos.

11. GW22

GW22 Active Member

I got a lot out of Campbell's singles DVD. I use tape over my weak eye and can still use a high gun with very good results. On days when wind is minimal and target presentation height is fairly consistent, it's amazing how little gun movement you can get away with by shooting his style. I'm not too keen on his "move from the ankles and left knee" concept but obviously it works for him.

The REALLY astonishing thing is that you can take a personal clinic from Harlan (or Kiner or Leo) for $325 or so. Imagine that. -- you can be personally evaluated and coached by one of the best trap shooters who ever lived for the price of getting an adjustable comb and recoil pad installed. Think about that. If you're a golfer, what would it be worth to have Jack Nicklaus, Phil Mickelson, or Tiger Woods spend a day teaching and coaching you as part of a very small class? (no Tiger jokes -- too easy) ...If your kid was a high school quarterback, what would you pay Joe Montana to spend a day personally coaching him? In trapshooting you can get this same level of world-class instruction for less than $400! Where else in sports can can this happen? Hell, a dirtbag like LeBron James might not even give your kid an autograph for that.

-Gary

12. pj 999

pj 999 TS Member

I have a Trapshooting My Way with the eye cam for sale. $40 includes shipping!! Been watched maybe 5 times at the most. PM if interested or trade for collectible shell boxes.

13. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

griff.....I'll sell you my Seitz!

blade819

14. mx8dave

mx8dave Member

pj999 .do you have a contact number ( phone
    number) MX8Dave

15. Salt

Salt Member

It helped me a bunch. I changed the way I stand on station and changed my focus point. After a couple rounds of practice it was evident that his instruction improved my scores. I'd recommend his type instruction. But, then again, it is all personal preference. It worked for me. Larry

16. Smokechaser

Smokechaser TS Member

I think he does a good job with the tapes. He shoots a K-80 Trap un-single so it's a bit of a visual illusion about the high rib comments; I think it would be a medium rib on any standard SBT, but I have been wrong before. I don't get to handle too many of those high four or five figure shotguns; all my trap shooters were owned by someone else before I could afford to even think about owning one...

I got more good ideas from his doubles CD than either the singles or handicap tapes. It's clear he loves shooting doubles; it shows with the extra enthusiasm he puts forth when he discusses doubles on the Cd's. He seems like a good fellow; I'd like to shoot a round with him sometime...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

anyone using harlin campbel technique

harlan campbell seitz