1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone used gauage mates???

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by chiefjon, Nov 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

Has anyone used the "Guage Mates" guage reducers? (ie, 12guage to 20 gauge). These are the short chamber tubes. Just wondering about serviceability and patterning. Thanks for any feedback.

JON

2. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

Jon, I did several years ago. Put them in a Browning Broadway and shot some doves. Not sure about the pattern though. I think I still have them around here someplace if you'd like to try them, let me know.

Steve

3. GeezerGlide

GeezerGlide TS Member

I have a nice set of 20 gauge inserts for 12gauge. Bought them to shoot sub gauge in sporting then got more into trap. Kit ,orings,lube, removal tool, gave around $235, made by Seminole. I'd ship to you for $185, Jim Poor Texas Gun Works.
    E-me for phone #if you want to discus them.Remove XXX

4. gold40

gold40 Member

YES. I often use a set of 10/12 guage in my antique Baker Damascus SxS. I've been very pleased with this product.

One can improve the extraction process by using a dremel tool to grind a small half-moon notch near the rim/flange.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.