1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

# Anyone Use P/W Metallic Reloaders? #

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by shadow, Nov 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shadow

shadow Active Member

I had a P/W metallic ll for many years. Not the fastest loader in the world, but I never had one minute of trouble with it. I really didnt like the priming set up because of the small parts and difficulty in changing from large to small pistol primers and back, but all in all it was a decent loader.

2. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

The loaders worked quite good.. but there are much better choices of your spending real money.. First in mind is a Dillon 550/650 Progressive loader.. If it's for a few boxes of rifle or pistol shells.. a good old RCBS single stage.. or the P/W you asked about would do that just fine..

3. bluehaze

bluehaze Member

I have both the Metallic 2 and Metal-Matic 200.
    They are very well built.
    They are however single stage, so if you are shooting hundreds of rounds a week a progressive would be better suited.
    The primer feed issue mentioned in above posts to me is a moot point as I hand prime my casings.
    I can find no real fault in all the years I have had these machines and wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.
    I guess I am a P.W. fan as I own a total of five of their machines.

4. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

I had a PW Metalic ll and it worked fine for me. What are you doing John, Giving up shotshell reloading and taking up with the handgunners and rifle shooters?

Ed Yanchok

5. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

I switched over to the PW for my pistol reloading, I think they are the BEST for my type of reloading. Have had progessives but like the control with the PW. I'll take control any day of the week over "speed"

6. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Hey John,

I believe its the PW200, its based on the old 375 shot shell base. once I've got everything in place and check powder weight and ready to go, I can do about 6 boxes in a hour with no interuptions.

Tool head will hold 2 calibers, I do 45 ACP and 44 mag. If you get one, make sure you buy the primer feed setup that PW offers, works great! comes with both small and large primer tubes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.