1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone use Muller Choke Tubes

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ljutic231, Feb 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ljutic231

ljutic231 TS Member

Looking for information on Muller Choke Tubes, If you have them, what is your opinion? Bob R.

2. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

What can anyone say about any choke tube? They are round and smaller at the muzzle than the bore.

Every manufacturer will tell you theirs are the best. How else will they sell chokes?

Muller chokes are lighter and stay cleaner than other choke tubes I've used. Other than that, they are the same.

3. craby boy

craby boy TS Member

My U3 does great @ the 16 yard line in my optima barrel measures about .705 exit dia, but so does my flush Beretta IM ? I have to many chokes !

Crabby

4. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Didn't someone post here a few weeks ago about having a problem with not being able to get them out?

5. JohnnyF903

JohnnyF903 Member

I have been using Muller Chokes in my Browning for about three months. They have been good chokes, however I have some friends that shoot Beretta O/U guns and that ordered some Muller tubes and have had problems with them swelling. It took one of the guys three hours to get the tube out of his gun after shooting and one of the other guys could not even get it in his barrel.
    This was a couple of weeks ago and they were going to contact Muller Choke company. I have not talked to them to see what they found out from Muller.

Johnny

6. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Might not be swelling. Might be dissimilar metal/galvanic corrosion.

7. chipking

chipking TS Member

Bought a set cheap to try despite the fact that the first one I ever saw was swollen up in my shooting buddies gun. Couldn't help it I freely admit to being a gun and accessory whore. The only thing about all their claims I found to be reproducible by me was that they were lighter. Did not like the patterns any better than my factory tubes. They got dirtier faster than my factory tubes. I did not like the factory constrictions chosen for them. They were way over bored for my factory bore diameters with the entry 10 thousandths larger than the largest of my 3 factory bores on my combo.

Sold the set CHEAP.

--- Chip King ---

8. 12ShotTwo

12ShotTwo Member

I was looking for info on Muller chokes maybe 3 or 4 weeks ago and posted here and when one of the posters talked about swelling I went over to shotgunworld and posted on the shotgun general forum and got back a bunch of nasty comments about posting without any evidence. Some said lots of these chokes are out there without problems so... I bought mine and they fit my citoti fine but have not shot them. Didn't like the attitude of some on that forum. Joe

9. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

When people realize they have wasted their money they tend to get a little defensive.

10. wheelchair shooter

wheelchair shooter TS Member

I have shot them in my 391 with no problems. They are light weight and very easy to clean. I have not had any problems with them getting stuck in my gun and they pattern better than the factory chokes I have with the gun.

Thad

11. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

I use them for trap because they are so clean.......lots of sporting clays shooters like the light weight of the muller's because that sport requires a lot of gun movement.

12. Charlie Becknell

Charlie Becknell Well-Known Member

I guess I am ignorant but how much does a light choke tube vs a heavier choke tube differ? Does a whole ounce make a big difference? I got choke tubes from Stewart Wright because he comes to the Grand and is a trap guy. His tubes seem to hit everyting that I point correctly. His chokes fail miserably when I flinch, don't look at the target, or have plain headrectitis.
    I just bought two. I like moderately tight chokes and I firmly believe chokes are in inches and misses are in feet.

13. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

Most sporting clays shooters use an O/U so you are talking about two chokes, not one, & yes two ounces on the end of your barrels can make a difference when you have to swing fast to reach a target

14. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

I have tried them on my K80. They do not pattern or make you break more targets than any other brand. As a matter of fact there are other brands that pattern better. They are lighter and will stay cleaner than some but the main gripe I had about them was they were to long and with them installed in my 34" barrel would not fit in my Americase so down the road they went.

15. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

Be aware that you will not be able to use your magnetic pad and will end up resting the barrel on your toe thus offending the large group of self appointed "safety" police on this site.

16. rhett1977

rhett1977 Member

Don't think Shotgunworld is the only site with buttholes. TS.com has their fair share as well. There is good info on both, you just have sort through the manure sometimes

17. 12ShotTwo

12ShotTwo Member

Magnetic pads won't work with titanium chokes either. Joe

18. AZ

AZ Member

Lets see 1st one didn't fit in my K80 nor the 2nd. 3rd one fit barley but I was afraid it would get stuck so didn't try it. 4th fit fine but did Not boil the target ever , sent it back told them my results they sent two more no change. Tubes where U4s

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
mueller chokes review

muller chokes review

stew wright chokes