1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone Use C&H Chamber Mercury Reducer?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by kdl243, Apr 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kdl243

kdl243 TS Member

Anyone use a C&H research chamber mercury reducer? I have a browning XT with 32" barrells with a 14 oz. BreakO in the stock and was considering the C&H device to balance the gun back towards the front a bit, as well as add further recoil reduction.

Kevin Lee

2. kdl243

kdl243 TS Member

What is the better recoil reducer called? and what does it weigh?

3. acorange

acorange Well-Known Member

I have several CH recoil reducers is diffrent guns and they seem to work OK for me although other posters will say that a solid weight will do the same thing.
    I also have the chamber type reducer in a Citori trap and it can be annoying
    when it falls out if you don't watch it.

4. semperfi909

semperfi909 Well-Known Member

Just fill an empty hull with #9 shot, crimp it and seal it with superglue. Cost about a nickel and does the same thing.

14oz in the butt!?!?!?! Dang - that's a lotta weight!

I used a couple different CH things and a couple of those with springs and ended up giving them away years ago. Still have a few shot-loaded hulls but I haven't had one of them in a gun for 15 years or so. Never could tell any difference myself. Recoil just doesn't seem to be a factor I guess.

Charlie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.