1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone use an Americase for a Perazzi Combo?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by vpr80, Feb 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

Hello,

I used a K80 combo last week with an Americase and I found it MUCH more user friendly than my Perazzi case. Just so easy to re-assemble, lube and then put away into the trunk while at the club. The Perazzi combo case is obviously very nice, but just not as easy to use when you only have two hands and are working in a small trunk. In a big SUV none of this matters, but I have a small trunk.

The thing I liked most is that everything is on one side of the case and that there is a separate space for the forend. I found that not needing to re-install the forend onto the barrel made it much easier to handle.

Enough rambling, so has anyone else done this and which model of Americase will fit a regular height rib MX combo (not 2005 or 2008).

Thank you.

2. skeezix

skeezix Member

Check with Kerry at www.bfcases.com also.

John

3. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

Only if they want a hernia...

4. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

Ahhh yeah it was heavy as hell, that is a good point.

5. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

LOL...you guys don't know heavy.

I have a P gun combo, with a high comb on the stock...so I carry it in a 36" americase, and its the deep one, so the ribs both fit in.

By the way...its also my skeet gun, so I have an extra thick lid on the case to accomodate the tube set. I think its a C bottom with an A top. The gun, tubes, gear and case come in at 46lbs on an airline scale.

for now, it works....but i'm thinking, since I don't travel with the tubes, I'll get one of the extruded plastic tube set holders and use that and a regular americase for the gun.

By the way, the Alaska State shoot gives Americase combo cases as prizes for HOA, HOA RU, HOA AA, A, B, C, D, HOA Non-resident and HOA N/R R/U.

10 cases total.

6. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

I do. Great protection. Works great. Very heavy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.